27 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
samuelthan says

Just to share my experience with Asmallorange: since many elite authors described ASO as a great service I tried their VPSes, almost the same configuration I had (and still have) with JaguarPC (and the same I had before with Servint): Pingdom reported 3 downtimes in less than 48 hours and tons of errors due to the RAM, the worst experience ever.

So who are you hosting with now ?

2927 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Yesterday I purchased a mediatemple dv package because our old server died horribly. I’m in the process of moving all my websites across to that. Currently websites are sitting on an old co-located server which is a PITA to maintain and upgrade. Plus I’ve been plaigued with hardware issues over the past few weeks so it’s time to move to a virtual server.

So far so good, just taking a while to manually migrate all the data and databases from the old plesk server to the new plesk server. Decided to do it manually rather than automated because it was so messy on the old server and I’m setting them up with a better file structure now.

It’s slower than the old server, but the old server is down the road from me lol. This new server should be faster for the majority of my customers (overseas) rather than trying to view my demos hosted in Australia.

I’d be interested to hear other peoples (mt) DV experiences, or if they have a beter alternative. I just went with them because that’s the only name I could remember in the rush to migrate my data to a new server.

147 posts ThemeTon
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
themeton says

I’m using MT for a long time. Recent months it gets me few more dollars reason for exceeded GPU. And I found the cause and updated few old wp sites and now okay.
I don’t have experience more hosting companies and it still seems fine now.

1000 unique visitors
130k hits
1.9GB trasnfer

94 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
pixedelic says

So who are you hosting with now ?

I’m with JaguarPC at the moment. I thought I have problems with them because the FTP is sometime unavailable (but I’m afraid it is due to my connection too) and recently they had problems with their server farm and my sites remained down for more than an hour, but a couple of times in a month.

But now I think this is nothing compared to the problem I had with ASO.

94 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
pixedelic says

However ASO completely refunded me, just to let you know.

1453 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

I went ASO (asmallorange) yesterday and so far I am very satisfied. Speed is amazign and support is like, always online (which helps since I am server noob).

Also, they have 2x RAM on their VPS packages now for free, so great time to sign up :)

27 posts
  • Australia
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
samuelthan says

I went ASO (asmallorange) yesterday and so far I am very satisfied. Speed is amazign and support is like, always online (which helps since I am server noob). Also, they have 2x RAM on their VPS packages now for free, so great time to sign up :)

Free upgrade to 2 Gb Ram on VPS ? Is that for lifetime :) or a certain period ?.

by
by
by
by
by
by