932 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
JWG says
This is what happens if a file doesn’t stay on the first page for few minutes: http://www.flashden.net/forums/thread/flow-template/3033

Shouldn’t there be more thumbnails of the files on the homepage then? And new files would come to the top?

There are only 19 files on the homepage.

Or even some sort of sliding accordion that is separated by category.

One slide full of thumbs for templates, one for utilities, one for animations, and one for misc. or whatever. Then you could fit 4-5 or more times the amount of files on the homepage and not take up anymore room.

153 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
abenson says

I don’t know why y’all are complaining. Right now the approval system is lightning quick. I uploaded a file a few days ago that was 34th in line in the queue and it got approved a few hours later.

932 posts
JWG says
I would say let’s worry about that when we’ll have 4000 files daily. There’s no point in taking any decisions now. :)

Ummm, that doesnt sound too smart. Thats like saying, lets worry about retirement when we get real old and close to wanting to actually retire.

Why wouldn’t you plan ahead and be ready for growth. You’ll end up wasting money and time by waiting. I can’t actually believe you suggested that it waits until that time comes….

You have to plan for the future, or you will become the past.

1912 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
TPN Envato team says
You have to plan for the future, or you will become the past.

Nicely Said JWG

932 posts
JWG says

TY ;)

3402 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
bobocel says

It seems like I’m being misunderstood. :)

Let me rephrase.. let’s get there first, and then worry.

My opinion is that we’ll never reach 4000 flash files/day in the next 10 years. :)

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

i think triworks is upset because is not in the top sellers list :D :P

932 posts
JWG says

But if you got to 100 files/day it would become a problem. I don’t think I misunderstood you either. I am saying FD shouldn’t wait to worry. Smarter to tackle the situation as soon as possible, implement the solution as soon as possible, and you will be ready for whatever happens. Worst case, FD never gets that busy, and the file cue would still be blazing fast, because you wouldn’t have to worry about only being able to approve 30 files per day (assuming the accordion type thumb system was set up to show new files).

3402 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
bobocel says

I do agree with improving the design to allow focus on more files, but regarding the approving process I think it’s perfect as it is.

I’m saying it because every time the reviewers couldn’t handle the number of files, the FD staff hired new reviewers, people from the community. And this solved the problem. :D

4905 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

I think we should keep the option to sort files by date, but make the default appearance random. In all sections. This will sort of eliminate the leverage of having your file on the first page…especially moving forward. New people to FD will go to the flash section and just browse, not focus so much on only the new files.

Doing this will allow more files to be reviewed each day, which will make the queue quicker, I dont think it really needs to be faster right now, but it couldnt hurt, and also help prepare if we ever do hit something like 200 files a day or something like that. But even then FD would need to get some full-time reviewers or just up the amount of reviewers either way I think it will work out in the end.

by
by
by
by
by
by