Rather that having the documentation to an item packaged within the item zip file, is it possible to just provide a URL to the documentation online? It’d make it so much easier to maintain.
- Author was Featured
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Exclusive Author
I’m using Google Docs to maintain the documentation, and every time I update one of my products, I just download a copy as PDF. It’s much easier for me.
Your idea may or may not be that good, as your site URL may be down or hacked or inaccessible for certain countries. That’s why the included documentation is the best option.