279 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
FonZ says

I’ve created a horizontal Flash menu to work with the list_pages() function. To get it to work, I re-wrote a part of the classes.php, but I’ve got a feeling there is a better way. I’ve been looking at the WP docs and on google, but I can’t seem to find the pointer I need.

PHP is no problem, I just need to know where to put it and how to go about implementing it, without distorting the original files. A link or something on the subject would be appreciated!

Regards, FonZ

ps. I also posted this on FlashDen, but my guess is, the real WP coders are overhere..

164 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
tonyc says

You need to use the “&echo=0” setting on the wp_list_pages(); function. It would allow you to alter the output of the function without changing the core files. Disabling the “echo” parameter will give you a string which you can manipulate to accommodate to your needs.

171 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

^Yea that sounds about right.

Editing core files is always a hassle. If its for a template then you need to tell everyone installing it to edit their core. And even if its for your own site the changes will get reverted every time you upgrade WordPress.

279 posts
+4 more
FonZ says

Thanks!

I haven’t been able to poke around with it, but I will give it a try. When done, I’ll let you guys know.

Idd. the idea is to keep the core un-editted for future use.

Regards, FonZ

279 posts
+4 more
FonZ says

Okay, been fiddling a little. With the echo to false I can manage, but I was more looking for a way to override that piece of core code to be honest. Does that exist?

If not, ah well, stick to the good old splitting stuff..

by
by
by
by
by
by