2280 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Community Superstar
  • Industrious API Inventor
+15 more
revaxarts
says

Interesting, but anyone can see them, right?

I have an online version of my docs as well. Don’t see any drawbacks…

3535 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Author Level 12
  • Trendsetter
  • United States
+13 more
sevenspark
says

Interesting, but anyone can see them, right?

I have an online version of my docs as well. Don’t see any drawbacks…

Agreed. To a certain extent it might reveal the internal working of a product – but hey it’s all open source anyway :) The benefits of providing this transparency to buyers considering a product as well as an up-to-date resource for those who already own the product far outweigh any negatives in my mind.

163 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 8
  • Collector Level 2
+6 more
starshade
says

In the beginning I used pdf as documentation. Thought it was more elegant of something. But man, when it came to the fact that I had to edit the documentation of my themes because I was releasing updates with new features, the pdf thing became a complete mess and impossible to maintain. So I decided to use html, I’ve rewritten all my templates’ documentation in html and everything’s perfect since then.

3135 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 5
+4 more
Daniel_R
says

In the beginning I used pdf as documentation. Thought it was more elegant of something. But man, when it came to the fact that I had to edit the documentation of my themes because I was releasing updates with new features, the pdf thing became a complete mess and impossible to maintain. So I decided to use html, I’ve rewritten all my templates’ documentation in html and everything’s perfect since then.

totally see your point…

548 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Collector Level 4
  • United States
tonvie
says

Stop the presses…we all actually agree on something. Html over pdf documentation.

3535 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Author Level 12
  • Trendsetter
  • United States
+13 more
sevenspark
says

Stop the presses…we all actually agree on something. Html over pdf documentation.

May this day forever be remembered as one of peace and joy… and a total anomaly :P

by
by
by
by
by
by