1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

Gabriel, hardly any of my stuff is corporate or motivational, and the stuff that is isn’t as good as the top corporate/motivational authors.

I also don’t have any ‘hit’ tracks like most of the top-selling authors do. There’s more than one way to succeed on Audiojungle.

What most people will say though, is the key to success on this marketplace is not to expect instant success. I’ve seen a lot of authors just give up after 3-4 weeks because they haven’t made instant $$$$$$$. It doesn’t really work like that.

The homepage has nothing to do with an author’s success either.

Just keep uploading tracks STEADILY (2-3 a week on average, rather than a huge block of 15 tracks). There’s nothing wrong with the quality of your music, so…the sales will come for sure.

879 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says
pinkzebra said
Nice job, Gareth. I know the numbers went up this month because 65 made it on the list last month and I had 64. Definitely a bump up from May.

I was hoping to get on the list this month but just missed it with 66 sales, but nevertheless I’m really pleased with that considering I don’t get a lot of time to upload new tracks as regularly as I would like.

83 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
GabrielCarter says

thanks garteth, helpful thoughts there, hey so whats your thinking behind why its better to do 2/3 tracks a week rather than just get them all up there, i dont understand ? i mean, with 2/3 they are not going to have prescence on main page and no ones gonna know they are there as such, i mean they wont know youve uploaded them, glad sales are strong for you, keep going ! u got da touch !

1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

There are so many files being uploaded that your item will probably only ever be on the homepage for one day.

The marketplace doesn’t work like that for the most place. People find the stuff (in general) by using the SEARCH feature. Then they find some work they like, and if they really like your work, they’ll start to ‘follow’ you.

When someone starts following you, it will update on THEIR profile every time you upload a new track.

You do not need homepage exposure to be a successful author. There are countless stories of authors who have been ‘Featured Author Of The Week’ and didn’t notice an increase in sales, in some cases a decrease!

There are thousands of files on the marketplace. The only real way a buyer is going to find something they like is through the search feature and the ‘popular items’ page. That’s why most of the authors here are always hassling Envato to improve the search feature, because it will make things so much easier for the buyers and also help a lot more authors get discovered!

679 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Ciongrats to all the AJ moneymakers and another +1 for search improvement ASAP .

by
by
by
by
by
by