161 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

Hey guys, just thought I’d share a method I’ve been trying, which seems to have some success. I’ve been putting funny and quirky descriptions with weird capitalization and kind of a sensationalistic style. The theory being that when you hook your listener into reading you give them more time to hear more of your track, which if it’s a good track might end up in a sale. When I browse through tracks, I open the page because I want to read the info and also see how established the author is by sales figures and total items and star ratings. If I see a description like, “This new track is fast and happy. Don’t forget to rate it”, I might think “ok I get it” and move on. I don’t know, it’s a fine line between hooking people in, or making yourself seem too weird. What do you guys think?

575 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Sophonic says

Great idea, It definitely makes the info more readable instead of looking like a pile of words. Smart thinking, I will try this as well.

599 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
TortoiseTree says

Yeah man, I checked it out. I think it’s a really good idea to get an identity around here. A lot of the authors who have succeeded her innovated and started something new and it has helped their success. PinkZebra always has amazing images (where do you get them from man?) with each of his songs AND he was the guy that innovated the whole colour-system/his own subcategories and putting those in the preview thumbnails. Tim McMorris has a fantastic number system-contents page which he has in all of his pages to make them easier to navigate. Gareth Coker has these thin strip links which are very elegant and allow him to put a lot of visible links in very little area. These are a few amongst many authors here who aside from composing/producing amazing music are very creative and innovative with their marketing and web design and use that to their benefit!

So, keep at it man. Be famous for being the guy that does the witty item descriptions. Be quirky and fun!

by
by
by
by
by
by