660 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+1 more
donchev_a says
I think it’s possible to make full time flash for flashden, but i think it is a very difficult task…Here you are in competition with people from all around the world that want exactly the same thing than you…If you are in a country where you need 300$ per month, i say go ahead !! but in canada, i need at least 3,000$ per month in order to pay house and bills, so i’m not going to do full time flash any time around, even if i love it pretty much…But we increase our sales every month and im here for only 3 month… if in 6 month or 1 year enough money come from it, i may consider doing it full time…That’s i think the good strategy…do it like 15-20 hours per week, begin to grow your income, and when you see you have a good income, THEN quit your job…Because it can be very long to build a portfolio solid enough to earn good money from it..There’s vector flower with 3 very good files…But that’s pretty much it hehe, it’s like wining the lottery ;) for most people it takes one year and even more before starting making very good money… Digital Science did not built in one day :D

+11111111

83 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
biyified says

thank you all for the advice, its really a difficult decision for me. I will think about it .

Thanks

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I had a similar decision to make back in the day. I quit my job which payed me roughly 350 to 400 dollars a month so I could work on flashden files and make roughly the same or more. I guess you could say, I’m poor.

926 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
michelsteege says
I had a similar decision to make back in the day. I quit my job which payed me roughly 350 to 400 dollars a month so I could work on flashden files and make roughly the same or more. I guess you could say, I’m poor.

well that explains your name :)

140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
FlashBros says

350-400 a month ?? in the united states ?? men, are you illegal mexican emigrant ?? ;)

275 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
JoeMC says
Thanks Guys Maybe I also need to say that I don’t really like my job anymore and might quit anyway. It is more of a software and programming job but I want to be more of a designing person and In need of more flexibility. So i really want to know what to do if i quit …
If you go solo, become a full-time freelancer. Then start working on FlashDen files in your down-time. This way you’ll have multiple sources of income. After all, I think there’s only a few here that can/do make a living from FD alone.

I would definitely suggest going the freelance route in addition to just FlashDen. You’ll definitely make a lot more doing freelance, especially at the beginning… plus, it will allow you more opportunity to work on your flash skills. Then, at the same time you can keep building your flashden portfolio to the point where it you can make pretty good money off of it.

by
by
by
by
by
by