1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I saw today on my profile that I have 2 stars out of 5… There were one member that said thanks for some little edit and said he’s happy with the theme and said he rated it…And I said to 3-4 more if they could leave a review…I had to give them link and teach them how to vote…

I think I have now 1 vote of 5* and 2 votes of 1*, is there any way to find out if they’re actually real? I know in the future it corrects itself, but I feel it’s not fair, I provided in most of the cases extremely fast support(within 30 minutes when I was online) and there were no complaint from any buyer that there’s something wrong with the theme.. I told to all of them to click on the stars area to vote.. so not sure if that’s how they wanted to vote..

If that’s real and that’s the rating they wanted to give, that’s fine from my side, but I’d at least want to know how can I improve my services. Since I’m new, every rating matters to me a lot.

Thank you very much and waiting for a staff/mod reply :) Cristi.

104 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
StevenGliebe says

I just want to pop my head in here and say it would be wonderful if users were asked to write a quick review explaining their rating, even if just one line and anonymous. It would be wonderful feedback for authors (and help FinalDestiny identify possible accidental ratings!).

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

That’s a very good idea…No need for username, just to see how many stars & the comment, it’s very easy to detect accidental ratings…

I didn’t create this topic because of the number of stars, if I had 3 or 4 more than sure I wouldn’t create this, but I’m quite sure there’s no reason for only two stars, everyone can check the comments on my items and see there’s no criticism from any buyer, all the questions are answered(lots of them within minutes) so that’s why I think it’s quite weird.

73 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
MihaiMarcuta says

Maybe it’s because of a personal reason and/or someone hates you. I am playing League of Legends from time to time, the guy who lost said that he’ll revenge. It comes out he bought 1 of my items and gave a poor rating.

138 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
x4er0 says

Man don’t cry. Rating is not a Support in 30min, good contact etc… Rating on Your profile is average rating of the templates. Maybe Your themes is not user friendly? Maybe people who buy You themes has got a problems with them? Not everyone who has a problem with the template contacts the support. Not everyone who like your themes rate your works.

Maybe it’s because of a personal reason and/or someone hates you. I am playing League of Legends from time to time, the guy who lost said that he’ll revenge. It comes out he bought 1 of my items and gave a poor rating.
Yes, people have nothing to do with the money and like to spend $50 to give one star…
3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

You should not press clients to rate. Max you can do is give a hint.. and that after you are sure they are satisfied with the work. :)

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

Uh, buddy don’t feel bad about it. You just started. A few 5 stars rating will bring you back on track.

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

The ratings system is null ever since they allowed people to change their votes. This type of abuse isn’t really uncommon (from what I’ve been reading in these forums). Not a lot you can do unfortunately, but the staff are aware of the problems….

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Man don’t cry. Rating is not a Support in 30min, good contact etc… Rating on Your profile is average rating of the templates. Maybe Your themes is not user friendly? Maybe people who buy You themes has got a problems with them? Not everyone who has a problem with the template contacts the support. Not everyone who like your themes rate your works.

Yes, people have nothing to do with the money and like to spend $50 to give one star…

They’re user friendly and nobody complained about anything. And in the ratings I understand: design + coding + support + documentation. Anybody’s free to check my themes and its features, I’m still waiting for a staff reply and see if that’s how they wanted to vote..

It may not matter for now, but when a clients sees 2 stars on a item he’ll definitely think twice before purchasing it..and it’s not the case because what’s on my demo is what clients get.

Thanks for all the replies. :)

73 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
MihaiMarcuta says

Well that guy went pretty far, he harassed me through all possible ways for around 1 week. Starting with social networks and finishing with real life letters, sickos do exist.

by
by
by
by
by
by