509 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Are comments required when a rating of 1 or 2 star is given?

Not at this stage — this happens after the rating, and it’s optional for now.

1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

Allow me to save you some time. The reasons are going to be, support, support support and support. That’s going to be the answer for 5 star and 1 star ratings alike. Even more likely for the bad ratings, they’ll just say something insulting about the author or nothing at all.

Ok, now you can move forward with the next task. :)

46 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
designchemical says

A step closer to something more useful.

I dont understand however why authors are unable to see the feedback??? You are asking for feedback on rating the products … not the new rating system or the site!

At the moment we still have a rating system that offers very little value to authors except it now frustrates many authors since they can see 1 star ratings but can do absolutely nothing about them or use the rating system to improve the products.

219 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
SurStudio says

Allow me to save you some time. The reasons are going to be, support, support support and support. That’s going to be the answer for 5 star and 1 star ratings alike. Even more likely for the bad ratings, they’ll just say something insulting about the author or nothing at all. Ok, now you can move forward with the next task. :)

+1G

219 posts
+4 more
SurStudio says

For those wondering what’s in the Primary Reason field:

• General quality of the Item
  • Features & ease of use
  • Visual design & aesthetics
  • Support from the Author
  • Value for money
  • Customization help from the Author
  • Other
219 posts
+4 more
SurStudio says

Seems great. By private do you mean that only Envato can see them? Or just that it’s not public but the authors can see the rating comments?
Private to Envato — it’s part of our research, learning what the buyers are thinking about and value when they rate items. Providing this kind of data to authors is a heavily requested feature (we know, we know! :)), and the first step for us is gaining a better understanding of how the existing system is being used.

After seeing the list of Primary Reasons, do you already have a plan about what is to do next?

I mean, I don’t see how the collected info could possible change the outcome.

Aren’t you going to place a mandatory review field along with the rating?

Or could you please explain how the collected info would change the next rating improvement? Suppose the vast majority choose Support or General quality or other option, then what? How that will change things?

Also, how long are you planning to “research” in this way?

Will this be the only way of research, or will there be further researches?

50 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
catherinehills says

I dont understand however why authors are unable to see the feedback??? You are asking for feedback on rating the products … not the new rating system or the site!

At the moment we still have a rating system that offers very little value to authors except it now frustrates many authors since they can see 1 star ratings but can do absolutely nothing about them or use the rating system to improve the products.

Fair point. Our current task is to improve the feature itself, to make sure we are measuring buyer ratings in the right way. There is also a whole lot of support required down the track if we expose buyer’s comments; we need the ability to moderate these if needed, so measuring that need is important.

679 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Dev team seems to be up & running. Props & congrats :)

219 posts
+4 more
SurStudio says

There is also a whole lot of support required down the track if we expose buyer’s comments; we need the ability to moderate these if needed, so measuring that need is important.

Really? Why? What’s wrong with the current Flag comment feature?

46 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
designchemical says

Fair point. Our current task is to improve the feature itself, to make sure we are measuring buyer ratings in the right way. There is also a whole lot of support required down the track if we expose buyer’s comments; we need the ability to moderate these if needed, so measuring that need is important.

Thanks for the reply. I understand about exposing buyer comments and appreciate that you are working on this aspect. Once complete this could be an excellent tool for authors.

I look forward to further developments with the system.

by
by
by
by
by
by