1694 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

If buyer selects primary reason support or customization help and give 1-2 stars, show him a message: “you have been flagged as n00b” and “you may NOT have the right to use Themeforest anymore” and ban him forever for not reading marketplace basics, documentations we write and doing a 2 minutes google for something could be useful.

Kidding, but still, I prefer not having this kind of clients, really getting rid of them would help us all authors ALOT.

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

I went ahead and rated an item I bought. Now in the primary reason list, I can see : “support from the author” and “customization help from the author”.

\\

Aren’t support and customizations 100% optionnal ?

So the way this form is constructed, I think that whatever the user selects from that list of primary reasons must be what he or she dislikes the most about that item when rating 4 or lower. And when rating 5, then it’s what they like the most about that item. Is that correct?

It’s a little weird I think..

Given the example above, what if the item is overall a 3 star item to me but I rate it with 4 stars because I really liked the Support so I have selected it to be a primary reason because otherwise it would be 3 stars only.

Is primary reason a negative or positive?

Hope you can understand the point I wanted to make :) But maybe I am just not getting something or over-thinking it.

5395 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Remember that the sole purpose of this test is to give us some understanding of what the buyers are thinking when they rate items. This is a very basic first step to collect data to get an overall feel to understanding how buyers will use a ratings system. This is not a final set of ratings features so don’t worry about what it includes or doesn’t include. We’re simply looking at the reasons behind ratings :)

1445 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Wouldn’t it benefit everyone the most if the authors could see the reasons? If there is something wrong with the item, or something was miscommunicated in the description, the author is the one that has to change or fix it. Not sure how it benefits the community when you are keeping this data for your own research. Sure, you can make small changes based on the data, but the most immediate impact would be allowing the authors to view and take action.

EDIT: I just noticed KingDog response that it is the first step. Hopefully we can have access to the data in the future :)

1694 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Meet the new rating system for n00bs

2002 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

Remember that the sole purpose of this test is to give us some understanding of what the buyers are thinking when they rate items. This is a very basic first step to collect data to get an overall feel to understanding how buyers will use a ratings system. This is not a final set of ratings features so don’t worry about what it includes or doesn’t include. We’re simply looking at the reasons behind ratings :)
nonetheless, while you’re collecting this data, a lot of buyers would see those options and assume that both “support” and “customization” are valid primary reasons to rate an item.
5976 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

If you add it in the “Reasons” list, the buyer thinks he deserved some customization and support and that can make him change his rating.

+1

justinfrench, please consider this point. Since the current step is to collect data, just remove the “Customization help from Author” from the list and leave it to be taken care by Additional comments field.

Again I would compare this to adding following line below the purchase button of every item:
How to get refund? Click here

1445 posts
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Meet the new rating system for n00bs

LOL!

1445 posts
+3 more
WebSmacker says

(double post)

5976 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

If you add it in the “Reasons” list, the buyer thinks he deserved some customization and support and that can make him change his rating.

+1

justinfrench, please consider this point. Since the current step is to collect data, just remove the “Customization help from Author” from the list and leave it to be taken care by Additional comments field.

Again I would compare this to adding following line below the purchase button of every item:
How to get refund? Click here

Continuing…

Also in the dropdown if there is no chance to avoid the customization part, atleast keep the reasons support and customization listed one after another. This will ensure the buyer awares about both are different aspects – atleast.

by
by
by
by
by
by