5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

@Australia – you missed a REALLY big thing on the fixes list – Shopping cart, but as I mentioned in another thread last week after the video update and mention of the envato marketplaces website I’m presuming it’s one of the reasons we won’t see (and haven’t in all the years of asking) one for a long time until all the marketplaces are under a single roof.

I didnt wanna complicate matters pmsl. Plus a shopping cart isnt a fix, its a request ( and we all know where they end up )

565 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

I haven’t read through all the replies, so this might have been mentioned. But based on the topic title:

As I see it the Rating System is total nonsense for AudioJungle. A buyer buys what she likes most, a buyer can actually hear what she buys before buying. Why would she buy that well-liked item, and then not rate it the maximum value? It makes no sense. Like: “Oh great track, exactly what I need, I’m going to buy it! I’ll rate it a 1 or perhaps a 2 rather than a 5 though, because it sucks…” (?!)

Based on my local copy of the AudioJungle Marketplace which is quite up to date, most sales aren’t even rated, though there are plenty rated. How is this fair? For a buyer will naturally first click something with a high rating, rather than the ocean of non-rated stuff. This also means that authors/items that have been around here longer have an unfair advantage over newcomers. They’re more in the spotlight just because of these ratings that make no sense.

To add to this: all uploaded material is subject to review. If it would suck, meaning it would not even be worth 1 star, it should not get accepted in the first place. Maybe it’s just my way of thinking, that I miss something obvious, but to me this is all nonsense and highly unfair for AudioJungle. We’re all affected by a nonsense chance in that buyers may or may not rate an item, and again, any rating other than a 5 is just nonsense.

2282 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I haven’t read through all the replies, so this might have been mentioned. But based on the topic title:

As I see it the Rating System is total nonsense for AudioJungle. A buyer buys what he likes most, a buyer can actually hear what he buys before buying. Why would he buy the item he like, and then not rate it the maximum value? It makes no sense. Like: “oh great track, I’m going to buy it! I’ll rate it a 2 rather than a 5 though because it sucks” (?!). Based on my local copy of the AudioJungle Marketplace, most sales aren’t even rated, though there are plenty rated. How is this fair? For a buyer will naturally first click something with a high rating, rather than the ocean of non-rated stuff. To add to this: all uploaded material is subject to review. If it would suck, meaning it would be worth 1 star or not even a star at all, it should not get accepted in the first place. Maybe it’s just my way of thinking, that I miss something obvious, but to me this is all nonsense and highly unfair for AudioJungle.

Nope you’re not missing anything obvious you’re stating the obvious quite well with a good explanation that has been echoed for a very long time.

565 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

I see you quoted my text, though it was editted in the meanwhile. Not that it matters so much. :)

633 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

I am sick of this rating system.

Today my latest theme which is the new flati theme which is collaborated with another user on our other account has been given a 1 Star rating.

Our support forums are full of being telling us how good the theme is and just asking for requests.

We have done 13 requests from buyers and updated the theme regularly with these requests.

All our buyers who have talked to us, have been happy with the theme and support.

We have had 5 five stars, 2 four stars and for no reason its give a 1 star out of t nowhere.

Our theme has gone from a 5 star to a 4 star now just over 1 rating which is obviously a competitor.

I am fed up of not knowing who and why a 1 star is given.

A 1 star or 2 star should only be given if it does not work or if a author has specifically lied about a feature that is not there.

Instead of Envato doing a decent rating system or at least making things a little more transparent (rather than hiding behind the privacy law, which by the way does not cover comments if states within the terms of use that if you supply a comment you agree to being visible on the websites review system.) than making stupid little updates that just make things worst or just simply do nothing.

Why is a header with a million logos more important than a rating system or search system?

Why is changing the look of the footer more important than a rating system or search system?

Who makes these decision?

I know this is harsh but honestly if this was within my company I would reprimand the decision maker for these updates and let them know that there is more pressing issues to resolve.

Envato do you ever think that a better search and rating system would earn you more money than a hideous header that is not just a nightmare to navigate but a Web Design 101 epic fail!

Anyway my rant is over!!

323 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
familychoice says

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

As a customer my threads are regularly locked and the excuse is usually that there’s another thread that vaguely covers the same topic. Funnily enough though this doesn’t seem to apply to the thousands of ‘I hate the rating system’ threads on here which go on, and on, and on, and on…

I am sick of this rating system thread.

633 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

As a customer my threads are regularly locked and the excuse is usually that there’s another thread that vaguely covers the same topic. Funnily enough though this doesn’t seem to apply to the thousands of ‘I hate the rating system’ threads on here which go on, and on, and on, and on…

That is because this thread is months old, I would have started a new thread but it would just get shut down because its duplicating a thread.

7647 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

That is because this thread is months old, I would have started a new thread but it would just get shut down because its duplicating a thread.

:)

323 posts
familychoice says

I think you’re missing my point, this thread is already duplicating hundreds of other rating rants.

YET IT LIVES

:)

;)

436 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
studio_21 says

I perfectly feel you man ! People sometimes don`t read the description in its entirety, they buy the item , then come back to you saying “I thought this item would do this” and when I tell them , no it doesn`t do that, read the description ! They go then and give you a low vote ! It happened to me before.

by
by
by
by
by
by