42 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
phppoet says

We have had 5 five stars, 2 four stars and for no reason its give a 1 star out of t nowhere.

This rating system is only for envato marketplace. It will be same for all the items on envato marketplace.If you are getting bad ratings due to silly reasons then other marketplace items will also get bad ratings due to silly reasons . we never complain when someone gives 5 star ratings just for support . Off course majority of buyers never gives bad rating. Personally i don’t see anything wrong with current rating system.

what will buyers feel about the marketplace if all the items on marketplace has 5 star ratings ?

i think we should accept it as a part of game and concentrate on our work .

625 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
theAlThemist says

This rating system is only for envato marketplace. It will be same for all the items on envato marketplace.If you are getting bad ratings due to silly reasons then other marketplace items will also get bad ratings due to silly reasons . we never complain when someone gives 5 star ratings just for support . Off course majority of buyers never gives bad rating. Personally i don’t see anything wrong with current rating system.

what will buyers feel about the marketplace if all the items on marketplace has 5 star ratings ?

Well… not really!

I know for sure (don’t ask me how I know) for at least two authors in my category buying every opencart theme that have a potential just to give it low rating and trying to “kill” or reduce competition. Not to mention that every time I come up with something new that’s never been done before (at least for opencart) in max 2 weeks they release a new item built on my code. It’s the same since 2010.

I have to admit they learn fast though. First few times I have managed to take them down with DMCA, but now they are making enough cosmetic changes in order to hide the origin.

Jesus, they have even forgot my name in their code once…

Yes, rating system S..*S and it’s not even in the FAMOUS PIPELINE!

7656 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

you can accept and work as much you want but when the system allows for simple steps to kill your sales you should stop working for a moment and see what the problem is and ask to be fixed.

Because is better to fix things than allow unscrupulous dishonest authors to increase their sales not based on their work but by knowing how to game the system.

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
soopathemes says

Our best is two 1 star ratings for envatos support!! And because it’s not against their policies they have to stay.

506 posts Code is Poetry
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
egemenerd says

I really want to know, why we can’t answer the rating comments?? If the problem is email security of the customer, why don’t you add a “reply” field like on the comments ??

I got a 1 star with the following reason;

“nothing works, wp 3.9, continuous errors of all kinds”

Plugin is fully tested with wp 3.9 and I’m sure that there isn’t any error. Probably problem is another plugin or his theme. If I could contact the customer, I could most likely fix his problem in a few minutes and we could all be happy…

380 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
pixelgrade says

This has been discussed over and over again. I don’t see Envato making these changes, at leat not in the short term. I for one would prefer an Amazon like review system.

by
by
by
by
by
by