422 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
gljivec says

I usually don’t post in threads like this, but just to share recent experience that really upset me. One buyer rated 1, simply because he didn’t get support directly in comment section. We use ticket system and support forum and we do support there. So getting a 1 rating just because someone has to send one email is quite ridiculous.

442 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+5 more
ZozoUI says

I still think that all buyers should be visible under rating and also one star rating should require comment from the buyer why they rate it one star and author should have the opportunity to responsive that.

After that authors will have the option to support each other and flag one star rating which are not fair. Once enough flags are reached, it should be reviewed by the envato and remove the one star rating.

632 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

I usually don’t post in threads like this, but just to share recent experience that really upset me. One buyer rated 1, simply because he didn’t get support directly in comment section. We use ticket system and support forum and we do support there. So getting a 1 rating just because someone has to send one email is quite ridiculous.

This is exactly the thing what I mean, people do not rate about the item, they rate about things around the item.

When I buy on amazon, I dont rate poorly because I purchased a 3D tv and the seller would not give me a 3D blu ray player for free!!!!

632 posts
+5 more
UBLThemes says

I still think that all buyers should be visible under rating and also one star rating should require comment from the buyer why they rate it one star and author should have the opportunity to responsive that. After that authors will have the option to support each other and flag one star rating which are not fair. Once enough flags are reached, it should be reviewed by the envato and remove the one star rating.

1 Star should not even be in it, If Envato really think there Items are premium and have high quality, then a 1 star is impossible to get too, as a 1 star should be that the item does not work.

Lets face it, that does not happen, the review team are very good.

Granted some get through, but its amazingly rare.

4337 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

I still think that all buyers should be visible under rating and also one star rating should require comment from the buyer why they rate it one star and author should have the opportunity to responsive that. After that authors will have the option to support each other and flag one star rating which are not fair. Once enough flags are reached, it should be reviewed by the envato and remove the one star rating.

1 Star should not even be in it, If Envato really think there Items are premium and have high quality, then a 1 star is impossible to get too, as a 1 star should be that the item does not work.

Lets face it, that does not happen, the review team are very good.

Granted some get through, but its amazingly rare.

+1 Agreed! One star ratings are revenge ratings… :( most of the times… :(

362 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
codenegar says

If they remove 1 star then 2 star means 1 star. :)

422 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+8 more
gljivec says

What upset me in my case the most was that it was too hard to send an email through my profile. I would offer free support to him with no problem at all, but for that particular client 5 second of his time was just too much I guess. In cases like this I would just love to have an option to refund people like that and erase the completely unjustified rating…

632 posts
+5 more
UBLThemes says

What upset me in my case the most was that it was too hard to send an email through my profile. I would offer free support to him with no problem at all, but for that particular client 5 second of his time was just too much I guess. In cases like this I would just love to have an option to refund people like that and erase the completely unjustified rating…

+1

If they remove 1 star then 2 star means 1 star. :)

I cant see Envato removing the star system or majorly over hauling it, but it needs it.

1,2 and 3 stars should always have a mandatory text field and radio buttons which the user inputs.

The radio buttons should have:

• bad support
  • no customisations offered
  • item does not work
  • item has bugs

If the bad support, no customisations offered are clicked the review should be disregarded with the message about its not compulsory to offer these services and the author can not leave feedback for these reasons.

If the other 2 are given, then a report should go to envato, if so many are given then envato should investigate the item.

But the author should be able to counter a review (Leave a comment). This way the author can state, person is being dishonest because we refused to offer customisation work.

That would at least give the author a chance to defend himself against bad buyers.

442 posts
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+5 more
ZozoUI says

Removing the one star rating does not solve anything. Everything should be visible and author should have the chance to response. Ebay has a great rating system. When buyers are not happy with support they should not rate item one star. But they should rate one star on support which is not there. Dividing the rating system in section will solve a lot rating issue and make it clear.

thanks

1023 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I really think that forcing the people who rate to also leave a not-empty comment will solve all these issues.

And also, again, I noticed happy customers do not rate (they don’t have time or they forget or they don’t know from where to rate) meanwhile unhappy customers ALWAYS rate. This is an issue for me at this moment.

by
by
by
by
by
by