58 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
maarcin says

When we’ll be able to see buyers rating?

Now, when someone send us a message via contact form we can see that he bought (or not) our item (or multiple items). Why not just throw there their rating next to the item? Or just additional page for authors where we could see buyers name and its rating (smething like ‘Statement’ page would do the trick). Is it really that hard to do this?

53 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
GreenTreeLabs says

When we’ll be able to see buyers rating?

I don’t think it would so useful, we need to know why they give a low rating and if we think that the reason is not convincing we need to be able to ask for a removal of the vote.

58 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
maarcin says

I believe a lot of authors would find this useful. There are a lot of low ratings because of misunderstanding of the documentation or refusal to do some custom changes for free. And to be honest the reason they will give to Envato staff can be as random as you can get, it won’t prove anything. Here is an example:

You will help your client 3 times with some small issues/changes that will take you maybe couple minutes. On 4 time he will ask you to do some custom change for your theme that will take you 30-60min. You will refuse to do this and he will give you 1 star rating and will tell Envato staff that you’re not giving proper support for your product etc.

After this I can do nothing about it, I can only guess who gave me that 1 star, I’ll never be 100% sure.

53 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
GreenTreeLabs says

he will give you 1 star rating and will tell Envato staff that you’re not giving proper support for your product etc.

That’s what I mean when I talk about blurry and not convincing reasons. A valid reason for me is, for example:

the author declared the plugin is compatible with IE7 while it doesn’t

A low rating is a serious thing that can’t be accepted without good and verified reasons, otherwise it’s better to remove the rating system and let the users evaluate the reliability of the author by his/her sells and comments.

499 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

A low rating is a serious thing that can’t be accepted without good and verified reasons, otherwise it’s better to remove the rating system and let the users evaluate the reliability of the author by his/her sells and comments.

+1 – Totally agree with you here.

1352 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

Maybe authors should be able to ask to refund a certain customer and deny support.

We all had customers who ask for things that a certain theme is not capable of and blame the author for not including… and then rates 1 star.

8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

sadly the more successful a marketplace like this gets, the more “idiots” you get who think everything should cost two bucks… :(

1741 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
gbs says

sadly the more successful a marketplace like this gets, the more “idiots” you get who think everything should cost two bucks… :(

Sadly I have to put a +1 for this… It is the aftermath when stock sites choose to be competitive by lowering the price…

4668 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

You need to clearly state the terms and conditions of support, also post links in the FAQ to avoid low ratings for not doing customization work.

7600 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

... perhaps figure out why it’s low rated.

is low rated because someone hates me :)

just joking. I don’t really care.

I just want for comments near the rating so I can get some real feedback on what can be improved or works well and shouldn’t be touched.

really, can’t understand what is wrong with my item by just looking at some yellow symbols.

by
by
by
by
by
by