39 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
bootstrapguru says

I don’t know where to raise this except this place, hoping to get some help.

One of my customer wants me to integrate the template which he bought and I gave him a quote. He did not like the quote and rated me 1 star. Is this possible , I don’t have a chance to complain back to TF? My theme is Delighted.

This is what his reason is :

rated

512 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
pixeful says

Last weekend got 2×1 star rating, only because buyers doesn’t read documentation and are lazy to hire someone for a bit more to customize. Looks like my item already god lowest rating in themeforest

What Can I do if I’m a designer and all WP stuff is outsource???

3858 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

WOW and that’s an admin template integration not even a cusotmisation! You have our sympathy on a massive level and I am sure if you email support you can challenge this especially with that screengrab. Good luck

P.S. In the interests of not pissing off support maybe remove their user name form your screengrab at least on here

522 posts Dream big
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
pixel-industry says

Same situation here!

Customer ask us which file she need to edit to change header size. Theme is completely customized (HTML, CSS, added CSS from other theme, minified etc.) and I said that we can’t help because everything is completely customized (I didn’t event realized it’s our theme until I checked header of style.css). After my replay, 1 star received.

This is answer from Envato support:

Thank you for your email to Envato support. I’m very sorry but all ratings are the result of the buyers experience both negatively and positively with your item. We are not able to re-evaluate their ratings of your items but should the buyer change their mind they can go back and update their rating at any time. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

I don’t know why they gave us option to see ratings if we can’t do anything about it. Buyer explicitly request customization and even write that in rating comment and I just need to get over it?

39 posts
+1 more
bootstrapguru says

yeah this is really bad, finally authors got negative. Hope this wont be a dead end in the future.

Thanks all for your replies.

I don’t know why they gave us option to see ratings if we can’t do anything about it. Buyer explicitly request customization and even write that in rating comment and I just need to get over it?

Yeah, its weird. first time I am thinking if customers would see the review then it would make sense that the comment is from a insane person. Crazy rating after working for more than 3 months for a template

1525 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Still i rather see those ratings and reason so I know that its not my fault :)

372 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
saptarang says
Ha ha….I got one star to my HTML landing template just because customer didn’t read item description and purchased considering it is a WP theme (Though I have written it is an HTML template not WP theme in large heading below item image). When I told her that it is an HTML template then she rated 1 star in frustration giving stupid reason “documentation is non existent, unable to use. useless not even a programmer could help”

BTW it is my highest selling template on TF and just because of that customer it was on 3.5 rating

192 posts
+1 more
An-Themes says

Well, take a look at the screenshot: http://www.dropmocks.com/mDaT7T after more than 30 support tickets, via email / item comment ( a few hours only with him for support, almost all support tickets are for customization ), I’ve added a feature for the theme because he asked ( infinite scroll ), and after 10 days without getting any support ticket from him, I receive 2 starts.

When I see something like this, I save the user name, and that user will never receive more support for my themes and that’s it, you can’t do anything else :|

512 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
pixeful says

I think this one should be somewhere at top:
Hands-on support for this item is not currently provided by XXXXXX.

192 posts
+1 more
An-Themes says

^ No, will be better to have an option to ban the customers you don’t want, so if you ban a customer, that customer can’t see your new item or can’t buy your new items, and that’s it.

I have another customer, after 10 days of using my theme in a live site, he saw a new theme and it said it wants his money back to buy the other theme, he contacted ThemeForest support for a refund of course, guess what 1 star and of course sooner or later will receive his money back :|

`

After 50 or 100 sales = 1 customer that will make you to delete that theme, believe me!

by
by
by
by
by
by