• Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
FinalDestiny says

OP’s review should obviously be removed, however @pixeful, if you’re not a coder and outsource stuff, it’s not buyer’s fault that your item has 2,50 rating out of 12 ratings. You get one 1, two, but when you have more than half of the item ratings 1, the problem is on your item and not with the buyers. It’s not the buyers fault that you outsource programming work and that it’s possibly bad quality(according to the reviews)

Every author here had 1* but they’re extremely rare, not the majority of the ratings.

Envato should definitely allow flagging reviews like that, I’ve said it even when they launched this feature.

212 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
themeflame says

Last weekend got 2×1 star rating, only because buyers doesn’t read documentation and are lazy to hire someone for a bit more to customize. Looks like my item already god lowest rating in themeforest What Can I do if I’m a designer and all WP stuff is outsource???

pixeful – I just wanted to say what everyone in here believes. No offense, you should stop making themes. Your code and quality is a total waste of human power. The way you speak & treat problems is utterly unbelievable. All your themes look…come on, man, you can’t say a theme is responsive and make it look like this: http://demo.pixeful.com/host/#intro.

We’ve got a 1* aswell, true, unfair – but we didn’t say “our customers are stupid”, you did it, even publically. Seriously, quit this. If the majority of the ratings are 1*, it means there’s something wrong with you and the first trait of the “not-so-intelligent-man” is not understanding it’s his fault, not others’.

Stop posting rubbish on forums, misleading people.

On another note…

Guru – keep us updated with the situation. I feel your pain.

4152 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Reviews that have anything to do with freelance should be removed, ( my two cents as an author and not as a representative of Envato ) , these kinds of ratings DO NOT show the value and quality of the item, but the nerve of certain buyers to ask for 5000$ worth of customization for 12-55$.

2024 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+3 more
revaxarts says

One buyer rated two of my items – the plugin and the extensions – with 1 star each just because the item didn’t work with another extensions – ridiculous but what should I do?

212 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
themeflame says

Reviews that have anything to do with freelance should be removed, ( my two cents as an author and not as a representative of Envato ) , these kinds of ratings DO NOT show the value and quality of the item, but the nerve of certain buyers to ask for 5000$ worth of customization for 12-55$.

Well that’s amazing because they also affect the final rating which is first seen by everyone since they can’t see reviews. Also – this is nothing else but extortion. I saw many people reporting 1* because the author won’t do customization.

People are not able to see these reviews, first. Second, and I repeat myself, they affect the end review score, which people see when they compare to other products or right next to the icon on the search results.

Envato’s a business and they just can’t piss off their buyers, that’s understandable. But taking this objectively – rating is meant for Quality Check, such rating is not related in any way to Quality, yet it’s taken into consideration, therefore the system is flawed. To add more point, Rating is meant to show “an user’s experience with the product.” but what if that product is really good, yet the user is flawed? I just can’t understand how such Review can be a “legitimate personal experience”. Once again, nothing but extortion.

All the best.

5 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
simpsons says

OP’s review should obviously be removed, however @pixeful, if you’re not a coder and outsource stuff, it’s not buyer’s fault that your item has 2,50 rating out of 12 ratings. You get one 1, two, but when you have more than half of the item ratings 1, the problem is on your item and not with the buyers. It’s not the buyers fault that you outsource programming work and that it’s possibly bad quality(according to the reviews)

Every author here had 1* but they’re extremely rare, not the majority of the ratings.

Envato should definitely allow flagging reviews like that, I’ve said it even when they launched this feature.

I just check your previous posts and, dude you are one annoying small person,splashing the crap all around

299 posts PremiumLayers.com
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
PremiumLayers says

i wish if there was a “FORCE REFUND” button :) to give his money back and remove the rating totally, this would be an awesome feature.

212 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
themeflame says

i wish if there was a “FORCE REFUND” button :) to give his money back and remove the rating totally, this would be an awesome feature.

No it won’t.

Try to think about this from a business point of view.

1) Envato loses money based on subjective thinking by authors.
2) There won’t be any 1* anymore. Every author will do this in order to have the highest ratings.
3) They’ll get lots of support tickets from buyers and think about this: If 7-8 ratings are 1, that really means the item is super bad. But the author can remove them easily.

^ As if ratings showed anything more than personal experiences which differ from person to person and don’t necessarily apply to each individual, altough it applies to many, most of the time.

We’ve also gotten a rating (1) because some random guy probably installed the theme on WP 3.7 and even after pinging him multiple times, he won’t answer (The ignorance, oh…). Now I would’ve loved to refund him and that may seem right from a rugged point of view, dominated by feelings. But it just isn’t.

It’s not possible.

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
contempoinc says

This has already been brought up multiple times, however we should have a way to respond to the buyer if the rating is low that way we can remedy the problem and they can re-rate the item at five or whatever they choose.

425 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Jaynesh says

I hate to break this to you all but Envato has been fully aware of this issue because it has been happening for years and there is a reason why they won’t be removing any ratings now or ever. The reason is simple. It keeps authors on the edge to provide quality support which is the major driving force behind all sales.

by
by
by
by
by
by