Making it so the user can change the rating will be a good solution. Customers can change it if they make a mistake and it won’t require a big rewrite of the system.
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
As soon as I saw the thread title I thought, “Oh, good another discussion about the rating system”
Popup confirmation would really do the trick. Easier to implement also than re-implementing the whole rating system.