1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

disclaimer: just a bit of fun, no hard feelings hopefully :)

Hahaha… You don’t know how much I laughed! Hahaha! But I think you should post this on the other meme thread… hahahaha…. or it will be removed (off topic)... but that was really funny man!

Congratulaion Crakken, i think your item has been feautered. :D and you got 6 Star rating :D:D

1373 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
dekurvajo says

Ups… sorry as i see it was doru :)

877 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Hey guys, I appreciate that you’re all frustrated and want improvements to things like ratings/support etc – we (Envato) wants that too, but there are reasons things don’t move as quickly as we all wish that they could. Vahid will be posting his quarterly update very soon (I’ve seen a draft).

I get that this was a joke and I’m certain no offence would be taken, and we all need to have a laugh from time to time – but I’d like to ask that you all be respectful of the dev team and everyone else on these forums for that matter too. The devs work extremely hard, a lot of the time on problems you guys wouldn’t be thinking about. They most certainly are not lying in hammocks on the beach! :P

That said, I appreciate the frustrations and seeming lack of movement (please keep in mind the behind the scenes work which goes into the operation of sites on the scale of the Marketplaces – and how quickly we’re needing to scale the business to match) and threads like this have great feedback which we do monitor and all take to heart. I can’t wait until the day where we deliver a more robust ratings system too.

Jords

Jordan_M, you know that this answer just doesn’t wash with the community now. How many times have we heard you say the same thing in every one of these threads.

There is no excuse what so ever for not implementing these features. I won’t respect the developers because they are absolutely useless. I know as a developer that whilst you always aim to build and sustain your service you also have to innovate and keep moving forward – something that you guys haven’t done for years.

Look at it this way – Tuts+ got hacked and this was a pathetically easy thing to avoid – if you can’t even employ the basic security techniques then I really feel sorry for the marketplaces here as they will never ever be improved, only when it is too late.

Also, if lack of developers is a problem, why not hire 2-3 JUST to work on new features (and only new features). What’s your excuse for that one?

All I was saying was that everyone who posts on these forums, agrees to remain respectful – if one can’t get their point across without continually, and repetitively resorting to name-calling and disrespectful comments then that person is not welcome on these forums. I was also explaining the honest truth of where we’re at – scaling the business to deliver the outcomes we ALL want. It’s not as simple as hiring 2-3 developers to work on new features – if it was, we would have done it.

A feature you could implement on a small site in a few days is unequivocally not the same as implementing it on the Marketplaces. That’s my answer. We’ve explained our current status and position multiple times. We’ve indicated our intentions to continue to iteratively improve the Marketplaces and that is what we will do.

877 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Also – I just wanted to say again thank you to everyone who has been giving us their feedback on these kinds of issues. It’s extremely useful for us to know what issues are painful and how you feel they can be fixed. I would like to reiterate that we absolutely and genuinely care about the experience you all have with the Marketplaces – we too want them to be the best they can be and we’re working to deliver that – it’s in our best interests as well!

7762 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
doru says

What I understand is this (correct me if I’m wrong):

The development team is working on rewriting big part of the marketplace code (or maybe all :shocked: ) because the marketplace got so big and the old framework is not adequate anymore. Because this new framework is currently developed, it makes no sense to implement front end features for the old framework, features that will need to be recreated once the new frameworks is completed.

So, we must wait for this new system to be implemented, then a part of the team can start working in redesigning the author and user experience on the marketplace.

6072 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

^ Probably that could be the reason, easy to assume. While doing long and strong upgrades, it is important to spend fraction of time and resource for patch works on existing framework; to make sure user experience doesn’t go below certain quality for “todays customer”.

Part of the negativity we see in this community is exactly due to lack of iterations in reasonable time; (even on licensing areas) otherwise it used to be very healthy and positive in the past.

499 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

I would like to reiterate that we absolutely and genuinely care about the experience you all have with the Marketplaces – we too want them to be the best they can be and we’re working to deliver that – it’s in our best interests as well!
Jordan, pretty much all authors are just “mad” about the current rating system and you’ve been told that for years. It makes no difference for Envato because, as somebody else already pointed out, if a buyer skip a theme rated 3-4, he’ll probably buy another one rated 5. But it’s a huge problem for each individual author.

The worst thing that can happen after working months on an item is not getting poor sales, it’s getting a one star rating early which will destroy item reputation and most likely kills its sales. Do you know what it means to hold your breath until you reach 3 ratings and you can finally your new item stars ? We do and i can assure it’s not nice. Even after that, until you get a decent amount of ratings, you’re still each buyer b..ch to avoid the damn 1 star rating but, now matter how much you work your a.s for free, it can still happen.

We asked and asked and asked again to change this madness but in vain. We keep being told Envato listen to us, if that’s true then do something about it because nice words and generic promises have no effect on (most) of us anymore.

BF

3751 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

And let’s put a dirty thing on the table:
I can bet 80% of the big/medium authors here has secondary accounts or friend accounts and they use it to keep ratings high, at least for the first days since published, or secure a good average rating over the time. And this is caused due to the lacky rating system built up when this was the 1% business that is nowadays.

Sorry, but imho this makes absolutely non-sense, but obviously benefits Envato with some extra earnings.

:(

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Ooh a can of worms

2010 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

And let’s put a dirty thing on the table:
I can bet 80% of the big/medium authors here has secondary accounts or friend accounts and they use it to keep ratings high, at least for the first days since published, or secure a good average rating over the time. And this is caused due to the lacky rating system built up when this was the 1% business that is nowadays.

Sorry, but imho this makes absolutely non-sense, but obviously benefits Envato with some extra earnings.

:(
+1.

and i’ll add more: competition is soo high here that secondary accounts could be used for other purpose too. More extra sales.

many thanks to this rating system.

by
by
by
by
by
by