124 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
bluenila says

I think author should be informed about rating. A rating report should be send to author periodically mentioning the options select by the customer. If authore does not get good rating he should improve his theme or that part of the theme in his subsequent themes.

596 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
MikeMoloney says

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but also ratings for collections. I get so frustrated when I see mine, because they all currently have a 1 star rating, most likely from the same person. The ratings have to change, it is just ridiculous if you ask me. For items, collections, etc.

6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

I’m using secondary account because I used almost original comments in my first post left by users just yesterday. I don’t want them feel that it’s about them. We’re top 100 author with 250 support requests weekly so I think we’ve got some valuable information to provide here.

I can understand this, nothing against what you posted here, good points and good ideas.

had the impression you were afraid to damage your elite account by criticizing envato.

I will not comment on the rating system, who still had the patience to discuss this be my guest but I hope the next marketplace overhaul will bring changes in various areas, probably improving the rating system also. Maybe at the end of August we will have this surprise update. Or maybe not, we will see.

248 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says
“We’ve got about one million plus feature requests at the moment, but myself and the community team will keep an eye on this thread and take down any new notes or suggestions that arise”

The problem with this broad statement from envato is, despite there being ‘one million plus feature requests’, I haven’t seen anything significant change on themeforest for literally years. There are so many small issues that are really important to the regular authors/buyers, but none of them ever seem to be acted upon.

The rating system is very weak, the site search function is utterly useless, the quality standards are not being tightened up, etc.

Saying these things are in the pipeline simply doesn’t wash after the first year or two…

Dan

763 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
StudioEtude says

I think before you make any changes to the existing system should be deeply and widely discussed all the changes in the general discussion, and only then do these modifications on the site.

6763 posts
  • Italy
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

Saying these things are in the pipeline simply doesn’t wash after the first year or two…

to be fair envato promised they will not answer anymore with “is in the pipeline” and that they will try to be more communicative about what features the development team is working on.

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/marketplace-development-last-year-and-our-roadmap/61733
177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
xdkd says

... and that was the last we heard of them)

679 posts
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
cooledition says

It’s annoying to do our best and still be rated 4 stars instead of 5 (and we don’t know why?).

+100 SO TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

539 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
GravityDept says

to be fair envato promised they will not answer anymore with “is in the pipeline” and that they will try to be more communicative about what features the development team is working on.

Envato also promised to give us quarterly updates on their progress…the first update should have been 2 months ago. #fail

679 posts
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
cooledition says

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but also ratings for collections. I get so frustrated when I see mine, because they all currently have a 1 star rating, most likely from the same person. The ratings have to change, it is just ridiculous if you ask me. For items, collections, etc.

That is called sabotage, and that happened me too with some of my items. I know some authors are sabotaging some of my files, why? fear and envy.

Thats why feedback should be a must when people rate negative. That way envious authors cant keep sabotaging other authors’s files.

by
by
by
by
by
by