• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Italy
realthing says

I think that the rating system is not fair for the author and must be change.

I think that would be a good idea to add a comment area for the people that they rate an item, and to be able to rate you will have to write down the reason for a low or high rating

Like that the author would have the opportunity of an opinion, or an answer, or even an update.

Like that an future buyer can see why an item is be rated with 3, 4, or 5 stars.

The reason that I think that the rate system is not fair for the author is the fact that already the items are passing the reviewing proses , that means that they are good enough, esthetically and technically to be part of the videohive library.

Also by my experience in the marketplace 99% of the low rating are because the buyer is not familiar with the software and has customization problems, or because they don’t read well the specs of the file and the buy something that they don’t need.

7207 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

Envato staff said the next thing they will do after they finish what they doing now is to change the rating system. They will inform us when they start approaching this problem.

386 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

Envato staff said the next thing they will do after they finish what they doing now is to change the rating system. They will inform us when they start approaching this problem.

Glad to hear that… i hope thing will change.

7207 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

Well, nothing is forever :) The marketplace will be redesigned at some point, will get new features, will lose others. Hopefully this will happen soon

you can check the staff reply about the rating system in this thread

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/im-not-happy-i-hate-the-rate-system/90284?page=8#751849
5033 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Well, nothing is forever :) The marketplace will be redesigned at some point, will get new features, will lose others. Hopefully this will happen soon

you can check the staff reply about the rating system in this thread

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/im-not-happy-i-hate-the-rate-system/90284?page=8#751849

We’ve heard a lot about what’s going to be done in the future, but there haven’t been any significant changes to the site’s functionality for a few years. We’re still waiting for the “imminent” video rollovers and this I think this must be the 1000th request for this kind of rating functionality improvement.

I think for a site as big as Envato, if there’s not a continuous and visible program of improvement, there’s a danger that authors and buyers may start to turn their back and go elsewhere. I mean… video rollovers for a site that sells video is pretty much a no-brainer.

110 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
zhenjueyimen says

if so that’s a good news!honestly I don’t understand buyers how to distinguish 3,4,5 stars so far! :confused:
7207 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

I think for a site as big as Envato, if there’s not a continuous and visible program of improvement, there’s a danger that authors and buyers may start to turn their back and go elsewhere.

that will be unfortunate, I like this place.

404 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GhosTeam says

The rating system can be your friend or for enemy .. Here, it’s a matter of pure luck.
Psychologically people forget to rate unless they have something bad to “say”,
Considering only 10-20% of the buyers who purchase an item actually rate it, it leaves a lot of room for the angry customers who rate 1-star for having a download-problem or misunderstanding the item…

Also the rating-comment idea is a must..it’s the first issue I opened a ticket about when I joined the hive.
When I work with my clients face-to-face..There is NO such thing as 1-2-3-4-stars. ONLY 5 !
If the client has a problem with my work… I’ll do whatever I can to make sure he is 5-stars satisfied from me. Here – it’s not possible.
Envato should add the comment system to the rating system, as long as its flag-option to flag for staff low-ratings that are not justified…
Last issue in this matter: Motion graphics rating
Why would you watch something-knowing you can’t adapt it, like it, buy it-just the way you saw it, and eventually rate it 3 stars….
What you see is what you get, no AE, nothing to handle or tangle…Why rate less than 5 if you liked it enough to buy it? beats me….

Envato should learn from ebay’s rating/feedback system….

7207 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says

Why would you watch something-knowing you can’t adapt it, like it, buy it-just the way you saw it, and eventually rate it 3 stars….

there is a valid answer to this. You may like the preview but when you get the full resolution file you may find is not on the technical standard you expected to be.

386 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
realthing says

The rating system can be your friend or for enemy .. Here, it’s a matter of pure luck.
Psychologically people forget to rate unless they have something bad to “say”,
Considering only 10-20% of the buyers who purchase an item actually rate it, it leaves a lot of room for the angry customers who rate 1-star for having a download-problem or misunderstanding the item…

Also the rating-comment idea is a must..it’s the first issue I opened a ticket about when I joined the hive.
When I work with my clients face-to-face..There is NO such thing as 1-2-3-4-stars. ONLY 5 !
If the client has a problem with my work… I’ll do whatever I can to make sure he is 5-stars satisfied from me. Here – it’s not possible.
Envato should add the comment system to the rating system, as long as its flag-option to flag for staff low-ratings that are not justified…
What you see is what you get, no AE, nothing to handle or tangle…Why rate less than 5 if you liked it enough to buy it? beats me….

Envato should learn from ebay’s rating/feedback system….

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by