2952 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Seriously , take that off. They mean absolutely nothing.

10% of buyers give ratings , so it’s not accurate AT ALL .. and most of the time , it’s frustrated buyers that rate them 2 min after I emailed them saying their problem wasnt my theme’s fault and that I don’t work for free .. so they give a cheeseburger 1 stars ..

I hate the fact that I have to do everything a buyer ask , or else he destroy my ratings .. wtf …

Yeah – I’m pissed.

4335 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+11 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

take a deep breath…

2186 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

DD

You don’t have to do anything they ask, you may help if you like but you don’t have to. If you include a help file with your themes than the buyer really should not ask you for anything else but maybe to do freelance work which is not included in the template price.

I always try to help my buyers if they have a hiccup or they don’t understand something but that is pretty much it. I always like to give them that great Canadian hospitality, which is most of the time just one email.

Cheers Mate

Lester

86 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Located in Belgium
+4 more
BrentChesny says

I totally agree with you man. The rating system sucks.

404 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
JackGriffiths says

I agree too. Some buyers are great and rate products… some aren’t.

Luckily for me, all mine have been rated 5*s ;)

580 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says

The best way to change this is to give a warning to buyers, every time they enter the site that they haven’t rated all the files they bought. I think this way, there would be more justice on the system :p

1028 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
DD

You don’t have to do anything they ask, you may help if you like but you don’t have to. If you include a help file with your themes than the buyer really should not ask you for anything else but maybe to do freelance work which is not included in the template price.

His point is that if he doesn’t do everything they say, they have a chance to mark down their rating, thus effecting future sales of that product and hurting his income. So, with the way things are setup now, he basically DOES have to everything they say no matter how ridiculous the request.

2019 posts Review Manager
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Yeah, I have to agree that the rating system can easily be misused and result in an inaccurate rating of an item. Brainstorm some ideas to improve the system and maybe we can get it changed. :)

380 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
celtathemes says
Yeah, I have to agree that the rating system can easily be misused and result in an inaccurate rating of an item. Brainstorm some ideas to improve the system and maybe we can get it changed. :)

I think that the rating system could be replaced by a “testimonials section”, where users who purchased the theme could write a couple of lines about their experiences with it.

131 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
aeroalquimia says

I agree with DD :S

by
by
by
by
by
by