594 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
designcise says

@SaurabhSharma .. how about buyers/users rating other buyers’ feedback .. rather than them giving star ratings along with their feedback .. that may be an interesting approach ..

149 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Jason says

On my list on things to do

1. top secret
  2. top secret
  3. Overhaul/replace the items rating system with something that is both fair to authors and useful to buyers

Yes we’re aware of the issues with the current system and we are looking into new solutions, most(but not all) of which have be touched on in this thread.

So keep the ideas coming as all this input is useful to us. And buyers don’t be afraid to let us know what you think as well , thanks to the few that have spoken up in this thread as it’s always good to hear from both sides :) .

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says
On my list on things to do
  1. top secret
  2. top secret
  3. Overhaul/replace the items rating system with something that is both fair to authors and useful to buyers

Yes we’re aware of the issues with the current system and we are looking into new solutions, most(but not all) of which have be touched on in this thread.

So keep the ideas coming as all this input is useful to us. And buyers don’t be afraid to let us know what you think as well , thanks to the few that have spoken up in this thread as it’s always good to hear from both sides :) .

At least the staff are throwing in some official words! It is really good to know that you’re there. Thank you!

738 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United States
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Jar says

I can understand if you didn’t tell us about something such as a new marketplace, but improvements to current ones should be disclosed to the authors as we may find little things wrong with it that could either give a big headache to us or make things extremely nice…

Of course it’s up to you, but I for one hate being left out of the loop. :p

206 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mlando says

Just an idea…. How about having the rating /feedback in the file’s comment section with star rating and a explanation/comment. Maybe have a corner graphic like the “purchased” in the corner for “RATING” so it shows differently. This allows people to reply to the comment and makes the comment author a little more accountable.

558 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+17 more
theMOLITOR says
I hate the fact that I have to do everything a buyer ask , or else he destroy my ratings .. wtf …

I had a buyer demand stuff from me or they would give me a bad rating. Not cool. I chose not to give in and they gave me a low rating.

On the flip side, when a theme has 5 stars, that says a lot for the quality of both the file AND support.

In the end, if you have a quality theme, the good will eventually outweigh the bad.

1594 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says
True the ratings system isn’t a great thing, maybe a simple thumbs up or down would be a better way.

Like this idea, a simple like/dislike just like the new YouTube rating system. Although a buyer could still just give the file a thumbs down for no reason at all. Maybe a combination of this and a reason for the rating would be a pretty solid solution.

147 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+2 more
zecchin says
I hate the fact that I have to do everything a buyer ask , or else he destroy my ratings .. wtf …

Why can’t we rate buyers aswell? When they contact us.

I mean, there’s no reason why an author would low rate a buyer, since he is already a potential client to other items, so if our contact with this said buyer by email or whatever was bad and because of that our item got low rated, why not low rating the buyer who did that. At least you would get an idea of the buyer background.

Another idea is to have, as i already said before, the justification system when low rating an item. With the possibility for the author to reply, maybe with the email sent by the client or absurds demandings and such.

1036 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

I had a very sweet email from a customer over the weekend essentially threatening to rate my theme low if I didn’t hurry up and answer his question immediately. It had been almost 6 hour since he originally posted the question on a Sunday.

Yes, ratings are going to go both ways but hopefully there are enough people out there with a sense of integrity so you can get a somewhat accurate rating. At least I hope there are…

1036 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says
Why can’t we rate buyers aswell? When they contact us.

+1,000,000

I have a customer that I’d like to give a -10 stars to! After getting assaulted by them on my theme’s discussion page (mostly because it wasn’t custom built for the customer) I did a Google search for their user name and found out I was not the only author to be on the business end of this user’s lack of experience and knowledge. I felt a little better when I found out this person was just a horses behind and treated everyone like dirt. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by