10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
vegasphotog says

I no longer will rate products purchased…...because you include my comments and my contact information to the authors…every time I give an honest response I get a harrassing email from the author.

Comments should be kept confidential by the submitter.

508 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
egemenerd says

We can’t see your contact information when you rate the theme, we can only see your comment and your username…

So don’t worry, you can still give 1 star ratings to the authors, they don’t have a chance to defend themselves :depressed:

10 posts
vegasphotog says

That is not true….the last two products I have rated I got an email from the author immediately afterwards.

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
715 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

We can’t see your contact information when you rate the theme, we can only see your comment and your username… So don’t worry, you can still give 1 star ratings to the authors, they don’t have a chance to defend themselves :depressed:

Exactly like egemenerd said. Also we have no way to contact you or send you mail. Until unless you have contacted author before.

10 posts
vegasphotog says

oh, so maybe if they see my username they contact me through that. That is why it should be anonymous.

508 posts Code is Poetry
+4 more
egemenerd says

That is not true….the last two products I have rated I got an email from the author immediately afterwards.

If you send him/her an email before, of course he/she can send you an email… As I said we can only see your username when you rate the theme…

10 posts
vegasphotog says

I realize that 5stars translates to much more sales revenue. But, I would say that 75% of the CodeCanyon plugins I have purchased with 4-5 stars have ended up being total crap. The themes are generally ok. Most do not merit the 5 stars that they accrue.

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
715 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

oh, so maybe if they see my username they contact me through that. That is why it should be anonymous.

If you have contacted author for support or customization only then the author will get your email and your envato username. Other wise there no chance to get email address for buyer.

508 posts Code is Poetry
+4 more
egemenerd says

I realize that 5stars translates to much more sales revenue. But, I would say that 75% of the CodeCanyon plugins I have purchased with 4-5 stars have ended up being total crap. The themes are generally ok. Most do not merit the 5 stars that they accrue.

If you upload a plugin and it doesn’t work, first deactivate all your other plugins and try again. You can also try it with another theme. Each plugin and theme build by a different person so there may be conflicts between plugins and themes. This doesn’t mean that they are broken…

1057 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

On most websites, not only here, the ratings are public.
Anonymous ratings had as result in the past unjustified 1 star ratings.

The email from the author can be ignored or marked as spam if the buyer does not want to be contacted further more.

I don’t know if it’s the same situation, but….
I had a buyer who asked for support, I helped him to customize one of my items, his last email was “Thank you so much, awesome support, I really appreciate it!” then he rated my item with 1 star saying something like (I don’t remember exactly the words) “not so awesome support”

You can imagine that I contacted him back (I had his email just because he asked for support before that! ) and I asked what happened …...He said that by mistake, he rated the wrong product and then he changed his rating to 5 stars.

Just an example of why it’s good to have the ratings visible.

by
by
by
by
by
by