206 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

I know there was a lot of posts about Ratings but here’s my little idea.

When rating an item, buyers should have the options to leave a comment as well, attached with their rating, explaining why they gave a 5 stars .. or a 1 star. That way it would be really easy for potential buyers to go trough the rating page and see the reason why a theme is high rated, or low rating.

Sometimes a buyer might think it’s not a good theme for X reason, that someone else doesn’t really care. Some user are looking for flexibility, other are looking for great support. Would be nice to know what that “star” rating means to buyers.

149 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
IulianN says

Yes Dany, is a great idea, but I doubt will be implemented.
All my themes have low rating, is not about the themes, is more about the support, and not always is my fault.

I get very nervous when I see : “asap”, “You belong to me”, “I’ve purchased your theme, do what I tell you to do” and so on .., and that’s why an idea like yours will be of great help for me and for all authors.

I will like to see something like this : Item Details / Comments / Testimonials , I think will be great, and I don’t think will be to dificult to be implemented.

\\

315 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
bitpub says

A simple modification can be made to how the rating is shown – below the star rating displayed now, they should add how many 5 stars rating you have, how many 4 star and so on..

It’s very simple and has a better success rate then the idea mentioned above in my opinion, because most people can’t be persuaded to even rate the item so I think that getting testimonials is even a smaller chance.

194 posts Dreams Money Can Buy
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SwiftIdeas says

Great idea. A lot of people leave good feedback in the comments but it often goes unnoticed.

- Ed

by
by
by
by
by
by