552 posts I have hope and a wonderful future in God
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
yeremia says

I use CS4 and CS5 .5, but for videohive i using CS4 , for VFX i using CS5 .5 because I can use all the ram that I have on my computer.

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

p.s. Rotoscoping tool is simply amazing. It’s even better than photoshop tools. And considering it’s for motion makes it really amazing.

7390 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

new version is more black :)

I am not racist I am ok with it :D

No.. seriously give us some info guys :)

actually is a good thing the darker interface :)

1615 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

Thanks guys! ;) you helped me

159 posts Quality over Quantity
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+7 more
JakubVejmola says

It is also much more stable I have to say! I remember days with CS3 – they crashed – A LOT ! Sometimes CS5 crash too (once a week), but still it is like 1% when compared to CS3 . I love the fast work in CS5 .5 and also the warp stabilizer on my shaky footage (great when you’re shooting something with DSLR without tripod).

5097 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I remain a rotobrush sceptic, I have to say. Maybe it’s because I’m an old-hand, but I can rotoscope pretty much as quickly by hand… and better. It’s good for a certain kind of shot, but I don’t think it’s quite smart enough to be universally useful. Refine Matte on the other hand is very smart. And Warp Stabilizer is very clever indeed…. that really is a useful tool. And the Camera Lens Blur is really a major quality improvement on what went before.

105 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
ToddKopriva says
> I remain a rotobrush sceptic

Don’t think of it as something for getting pixel-perfect mattes for replacing a background. That’s not what it’s for. It’s excellent for creating mattes that get close enough to the edges of an object to be used for selective application of an effect (like secondary color correction) or for the best garbage matte ever for color keying.

Notice that all of the video tutorials and such that we provide for Roto Brush are for this close-but-not-perfect matte creation: http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/04/roto-brush-in-after-effects-cs.html

BTW , regarding what’s new in After Effects CS5 .5, see this page for a comprehensive list: http://adobe.ly/hX01mB ... and see this page for what was new in After Effects CS5 : http://adobe.ly/HI31wE
5097 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Yeah.. it’s definitely good for a garbage matte here or there. On the right shot, it’s useful for a real matte too. It’s been the most useful for me in shots where I’ve been inserting graphics stuff behind characters in the foreground. Because the foreground characters only partially cover the graphics and because the nature of a graphics comp makes it the edges not overly critical.

But even so, for me, it’s still a fine line whether rotobrush really brings much time-saving over match-move / tracking / spline roto.

by
by
by
by
by
by