15 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
RicardoRL says

Some of the real estate themes beig sold in ThemeForest are decent, but they are the minority (1 or 2 themes) and they have been around for quiete alot of time.

Hopefully some authors take notes out of this post and proceed to design a product focused on quality and needs of the niche instead of trying to push a fast low quality product with decent design but poor functionality

Most of the new ones are of very poor quality. I dont even get how most of them are getting through the review filter. In my perspective real estate themes in the ThemeForest are not up in the same level as other niches.

Lets get down to why:
  • The themes have a good “aesthetic design” but poor functionality for the niche
  • There are themes that cant change colors out of a few pre-designed options offered by the author.
  • Claim to be responsive but arent actually responsive out of a few res.
  • Claim to be able to fully integrate with certain plugins in their sales page, but in reality they cant.
  • Poor features in the property display.
  • Lack front-end submission (not that important)
  • And most importantly, the search functionality available in most of this themes is really poor. The majority of them offer a single search option, either a single dropdown which can end cluttered with hundreds of locations or they offer Semantic search function which is hated by real estate consumers. I have only seen 1 theme succesfully implementing a faceted search which is what the end user needs, but still you arent able to switch between differnt search methods.

Just a final comment regarding the niche. I find it interesting that we now have certain authors trying to sell us “duplicates” of competitor themes of which they have ripped out half of the code and even their demo pics….

1729 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
FinalDestiny says

You wrote only features that you consider bad or not working, this is not really constructive, provide things that MUST exist in a real estate theme, but in most of the themes don’t.

If you have time, you can check my real estate theme and send feedback and I’ll implement as many things as possible in the next update(already working on some fixes and features so any feedback would be welcome)

15 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
RicardoRL says

You wrote only features that you consider bad or not working, this is not really constructive, provide things that MUST exist in a real estate theme, but in most of the themes don’t. If you have time, you can check my real estate theme and send feedback and I’ll implement as many things as possible in the next update(already working on some fixes and features so any feedback would be welcome)

Ill work on a longer list of features later on the day.

Main issues I can appreciate in your theme after a fast look are the following:
  • You only offer users a semantic search function. In most countries people dont like using semantic search. You should atleast offer 2 alternative for your users and the priority should be: faceted search with drop downs (state/city/neighborhood).
  • I’d also suggest you to implement a slider with arrows in the property page.
by
by
by
by
by
by