740 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

I have a retina macbook, and last time I checked, theme looked crisp :D I didn’t use x2 images, cause I know its too much hastle for the buyer. I used an icon font for most stuff so they should look sharp on every device.

Man, I’m looking on it on my rmbp right now. It has nothing to do with retina :( Only couple of images are retina. Moreover, graphics elements of your theme like logo, slider arrows, etc are blurry.

I strongly recommend you to do something about it asap. Or simply get rid of “retina” mentioning in theme description.

It’s hell lot of work to make a retina-ready theme. And it’s pity when someone writes “retina-ready” only because it’s a trendy word…

894 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
infuse01 says

but Ruben’s post cracked me up
From this answer i’m not sure if you felt offended by my post or not.. So if you were, i wasn’t trying to do that.. I was just saying that i also didn’t agree with the pricing on my latest item, submitted a ticket & encouraged you to do the same..

don’t worry – he loves you, as we all do :kiss:

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

So, I guess they take the prices back down?

1352 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

but Ruben’s post cracked me up
From this answer i’m not sure if you felt offended by my post or not.. So if you were, i wasn’t trying to do that.. I was just saying that i also didn’t agree with the pricing on my latest item, submitted a ticket & encouraged you to do the same..

I wasn’t offended, you made me laugh :D

3567 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I wasn’t offended, you made me laugh :D

“cracked me up” .. of course you laughed :D

I have to improve my English understanding skills :)

1352 posts
+6 more
fuelthemes says

I have a retina macbook, and last time I checked, theme looked crisp :D I didn’t use x2 images, cause I know its too much hastle for the buyer. I used an icon font for most stuff so they should look sharp on every device.

Man, I’m looking on it on my rmbp right now. It has nothing to do with retina :( Only couple of images are retina. Moreover, graphics elements of your theme like logo, slider arrows, etc are blurry.

I strongly recommend you to do something about it asap. Or simply get rid of “retina” mentioning in theme description.

It’s hell lot of work to make a retina-ready theme. And it’s pity when someone writes “retina-ready” only because it’s a trendy word…

I am pretty sure I explained myself on the previous comment and I sure hell didn’t write it because its a trendy word. And please choose your words carefully as they come out offensive.

As I can see that you chose to go with the double images, 1.jpg and 1_retina.jpg on your themes. I think this is too much work for the buyer, so what I did was create most images as double sizes, and resize them to 50%. It’s easier, but not as crisp.

I don’t think creating a double sized version of the feedback button is important :) Like I said, its only preference.

740 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

I am pretty sure I explained myself on the previous comment and I sure hell didn’t write it because its a trendy word. And please choose your words carefully as they come out offensive.

As I can see that you chose to go with the double images, 1.jpg and 1_retina.jpg on your themes. I think this is too much work for the buyer, so what I did was create most images as double sizes, and resize them to 50%. It’s easier, but not as crisp.

I don’t think creating a double sized version of the feedback button is important :) Like I said, its only preference.

I chose right words. You theme is not retina ready. You are deceiving your potential buyers.

894 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+5 more
infuse01 says

Don’t want to say anything but I think it would be better to stay on-topic :D

740 posts
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Anyway I did not mean to be offensive. I’ve just pointed the issue. And it’s not my business what author will / will not do about it…

1352 posts
+6 more
fuelthemes says

I chose right words. You theme is not retina ready. You are deceiving your potential buyers.

The whole theme has 3 images total. The logo, the arrows and the feedback button. Every other thing is either font or vector. Go figure.

Don’t want to say anything but I think it would be better to stay on-topic :D

I agree, I just don’t understand sh*t talk on an unrelated topic.

by
by
by
by
by
by