1694 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I believe overall aesthetics are also taken into consideration when pricing.

Agree. To me your theme looks like a newbie and really flat, it’s like Bootstrap with very little color changes. I am sorry if this feels uncomfortable.. Your themes does not seem to stand up as an exceptional quality $45-50 item should be.

My latest item was first rated at $50 but the sales were not so satisfactory and I asked a price change. Now I added some new features and if the sales are going up, I will ask a price change again.

I believe you can do the same: you can develop more for your item and increase the value, I believe you can polish the DESIGN details with some unique touches, and ask for a price change after that. I always do that if I feel sales – price – quality relation is not going the right way.

Hope this helps, and best of luck. D

88 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
marcopolo488 says

Agree. To me your theme looks like a newbie and really flat, it’s like Bootstrap with very little color changes. I am sorry if this feels uncomfortable.. Your themes does not seem to stand up as an exceptional quality $45-50 item should be.

Don’t mean to hate on anybody, but those were my thoughts exactly. And before anyone points out that there are some themes that don’t quite make the aesthetics grade, and yet are priced higher, stuff probably depends a little on the pricing reviewer’s taste too.

88 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
marcopolo488 says

It’s a really nice theme, I do believe $35 is a bit low for this quality of a theme. I would pay $45 for this theme.

I didn’t mean to say the theme looks bad, of course. It is clean and elegant. Just comparing it with other stuff, that’s all. And of course it’s just my personal opinion. By the way, I actually think themes should be priced much higher, at least for the developer’s sake (I’m a designer), given the time put into theme support.

+4 more
dnp_theme says

It’s a really nice theme, I do believe $35 is a bit low for this quality of a theme. I would pay $45 for this theme.
I didn’t mean to say the theme looks bad, of course. It is clean and elegant. Just comparing it with other stuff, that’s all. And of course it’s just my personal opinion. By the way, I actually think themes should be priced much higher, at least for the developer’s sake (I’m a designer), given the time put into theme support.

The price increase is already on the run but it left open the $35 tagging for lower quality items. It’s a long run goal to increase the price in order to cover the support.

590 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
CodeSwift says

My new theme just got accepted to WordPress category and it’s priced at $35.

A responsive theme with shortcode manager, theme options, custom widgets, premium (extended license) slider gets $35? Buyers will probably neglect it for being simple with this price point.

Seriously, I will not even open a support ticket for this one.

PS: According to this post by Carmen: A responsive theme has to be priced at least $45: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/wordpress-category-pricing-changes/66682?page=1#587872

You are looking at it completely WRONG .

Because it’s cheaper they won’t neglect it, they’ll check it out. When they check it out they’ll see those features.

There’s a bigger possibility they’ll buy the theme at $35 then they would at $50.

I would be happier if our themes were lower then $50, would generate more sales.

+4 more
dnp_theme says

You are looking at it completely WRONG .

Because it’s cheaper they won’t neglect it, they’ll check it out. When they check it out they’ll see those features.

There’s a bigger possibility they’ll buy the theme at $35 then they would at $50.

I would be happier if our themes were lower then $50, would generate more sales.

I disagree. Consumers ALWAYS put the DESIGN above the features as the features can be “put into place” later if really needed.

590 posts
+5 more
CodeSwift says

I disagree. Consumers ALWAYS put the DESIGN above the features as the features can be “put into place” later if really needed.

Who’s gonna put them? Someone who will charge them $1000 for a few features.

Update

Most of the buyers here are buying a theme to modify it for a client so they don’t have to make one themselves.

A lot of them are probably designers with basic HTML and CSS knowledge, so they buy a theme that is flexible, has a lot of features. They use those features to make the layout how the client wants it and use their basic HTML and CSS knowledge to modify the design.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Funny this happened to you because my latest theme was priced $5 less than one a month ago that actually has less features than my new one…. go figure.

Jonathan

590 posts
+5 more
CodeSwift says

Funny this happened to you because my latest theme was priced $5 less than one a month ago that actually has less features than my new one…. go figure. Jonathan

Looking at the latest themes (29th) they’re all max $40. I think they’re lowering the prices but we aren’t informed :)

+4 more
dnp_theme says

Funny this happened to you because my latest theme was priced $5 less than one a month ago that actually has less features than my new one…. go figure. Jonathan
Looking at the latest themes (29th) they’re all max $40. I think they’re lowering the prices but we aren’t informed :)

Mate, have a look at Novus, it’s $40 but as for the design quality I would give it $50 price tag and the sales could go even higher if the code quality is same as the design quality.

by
by
by
by
by
by