97 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
ProTunes says

you are right. there are no strings for reason that compare to what is avail from east west.

solarsound said
ProTunes said
of course, if you use logic, logic pro x may pull a final cut pro x and decide we don’t need rewire anymore. :(
solarsound said
ProTunes said
you can of course still run reason 6 into any daw that supports rewire
So that would mean running a DAW into a DAW ? Interesting. There goes my processing power :)
I love Reason, and I would love to work solely in Record, but I feel Reasons 1 big fall back is the quality of string and orchestral patches. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction to high quality orchestral samples for Reason. Im talking East west, Vienna type samples. Because to me, at least, Orkester doesn’t cut it.
QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts Threads Started
1042 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says

Strings and orchestral stuff wasn’t, isn’t and will never be the strength of Reason in my opinion. It’s absolutely awesome for electronic music in general but for orchestral or let’s say ‘epic’ scores you will have to use the well known libraries, that’s what they are made for ;-)

61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ryanalvarado says

Do they come out with a new reason every year? If was an active Reason user, I would probably feel compelled to upgrade every release, and I imagine that would become rather costly. I suppose I should think of it as a yearly tax to get some sweet synthesizers by the Propellerhead overlords.

873 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says
ryanalvarado said
Do they come out with a new reason every year? If was an active Reason user, I would probably feel compelled to upgrade every release, and I imagine that would become rather costly. I suppose I should think of it as a yearly tax to get some sweet synthesizers by the Propellerhead overlords.

I think it is the same with any software, personally I can’t bear not to upgrade when a new release comes out.

by
by
by
by
by
by