97 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ProTunes says

you are right. there are no strings for reason that compare to what is avail from east west.

solarsound said
ProTunes said
of course, if you use logic, logic pro x may pull a final cut pro x and decide we don’t need rewire anymore. :(
solarsound said
ProTunes said
you can of course still run reason 6 into any daw that supports rewire
So that would mean running a DAW into a DAW ? Interesting. There goes my processing power :)
I love Reason, and I would love to work solely in Record, but I feel Reasons 1 big fall back is the quality of string and orchestral patches. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction to high quality orchestral samples for Reason. Im talking East west, Vienna type samples. Because to me, at least, Orkester doesn’t cut it.
QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts Threads Started
1041 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says

Strings and orchestral stuff wasn’t, isn’t and will never be the strength of Reason in my opinion. It’s absolutely awesome for electronic music in general but for orchestral or let’s say ‘epic’ scores you will have to use the well known libraries, that’s what they are made for ;-)

61 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
ryanalvarado says

Do they come out with a new reason every year? If was an active Reason user, I would probably feel compelled to upgrade every release, and I imagine that would become rather costly. I suppose I should think of it as a yearly tax to get some sweet synthesizers by the Propellerhead overlords.

871 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+4 more
AndySlatter Reviewer says
ryanalvarado said
Do they come out with a new reason every year? If was an active Reason user, I would probably feel compelled to upgrade every release, and I imagine that would become rather costly. I suppose I should think of it as a yearly tax to get some sweet synthesizers by the Propellerhead overlords.

I think it is the same with any software, personally I can’t bear not to upgrade when a new release comes out.

by
by
by
by
by
by