924 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
JBlanks says

It seems barely a day goes past lately without a hard-rejected author starting a thread to seek advice on how to improve their music and avoid future rejection. So either A. these people are becoming more vocal, or B. it’s happening more frequently and has become policy. I’m certain it’s B – which is great.

I’m happy that it’s harder to get music approved for use on AJ. There’s a bunch of reasons, but I’m going to supply two obvious ones. I have many more and I’m sure you do too.

1. Review queue is shorter. I know there are more staff and upload frequency may vary, but based on circumstantial evidence our reviewers have been empowered to say “no” more often. This appears to have had a very positive impact on review times. Great.

2. Over time there are fewer sub par tracks for our buyers to wade through and hopefully find the perfect track for their productions. The jungle gets bigger every day so better it is expanded with quality work that has utility for our clients. We all want the jungle to be full of high quality music and nothing else – it makes us all look better.

Why are you happy? (if you’re not happy post in another thread please)

99 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
uppnerupp says

I agree with everything you said JBlanks. And i would like to add the fact that rejections make you better as a music composer. If you keep getting rejected there may be some things you have to work on to regarding composing and production skills. And that is a good thing. Rejections gives you that push to perfecting your music.

And i think that is positive. That is my opinion :-)

MysticRavenStudios
MysticRavenStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
34 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
MysticRavenStudios says

Yes, that’s also on my mind to the statements above.

So far I got one soft rejected after AJ raise their standards. But what makes it helpful and happy:

1. fast review queue

2. You can decide better whether your new track you made fit to the AJ market by checking the latest tracks and compare some quality points

3. you stay longer in the lists on top

4. a clear AJ business strategy will shown to us, and will come to…

5. ... a philosophy like “Ask not what AJ can do for you, ask what you can do for AJ”

6. long-term more success for each author who will take the marathon challange

1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

Hopefully the next step will be a library purge. Long overdue. It would be awesome if the same standards that are being applied to current items be retroactively applied too to older items.

I’m certain that not everyone will agree with me on this though :D

251 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
bodorobodo says

+1.001

Hopefully the next step will be a library purge. Long overdue. It would be awesome if the same standards that are being applied to current items be retroactively applied too to older items. I’m certain that not everyone will agree with me on this though :D
KabbalisticVillage
KabbalisticVillage Recent Posts Threads Started
836 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
KabbalisticVillage says

I am happy because i have uploaded 40 tracks on here and never got rejected once so i must be doing something good i hope.

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+1 more
popraz says

If the increase in hard rejections is the reason the review queues are slimmer, then I’m quite happy with the new policy. I’ve never really had a problem with rejections. I’ve only had a few tracks that weren’t accepted here, and each time I went back to work and tried to rethink my approach. The great thing about music is that it can easily shift and transform and become something new. A rejection is not the end of the world, but a reason to further explore a musical idea until it becomes something entirely new. There are no dead ends. It might take time to find a new road, but it’s not impossible. All it takes is patience and hard work.

It’s in Audiojungle’s best interest to only allow high quality works on their site and I think it’s a good thing for authors, as well, for reasons that have already been mentioned in this topic and with which I completely agree. For me, knowing that the bar has been raised higher, the thrill of having a song approved is even greater, because I can be sure that I’ve done a great job. It’s the ultimate feedback, motivated by the need for high quality and competitive marketing standards.

329 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MValentino says

Hopefully the next step will be a library purge. Long overdue. It would be awesome if the same standards that are being applied to current items be retroactively applied too to older items. I’m certain that not everyone will agree with me on this though :D
...I was thinking exactly the same thing…and agree with all stated by Jamie…

Also, it would be great if, before opening a new “My track’s been rejected” thread, the author would listen to the standard quality of top sellers and try to understand the differences. Some of the tracks posted for advices are quite low in audio/mix/master quality, I’m not talking about the artistic/creative side…

The new “more rejections” trend is great, because it means “more quality” and is like stating”AJ is not for amateurs” (I mean regarding the quality of the tracks, not saying that the authors have to be professional musicians or producers).

203 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+1 more
Music-Smith says

It seems barely a day goes past lately without a hard-rejected author starting a thread to seek advice on how to improve their music and avoid future rejection. So either A. these people are becoming more vocal, or B. it’s happening more frequently and has become policy. I’m certain it’s B – which is great.

I’m happy that it’s harder to get music approved for use on AJ. There’s a bunch of reasons, but I’m going to supply two obvious ones. I have many more and I’m sure you do too.

1. Review queue is shorter. I know there are more staff and upload frequency may vary, but based on circumstantial evidence our reviewers have been empowered to say “no” more often. This appears to have had a very positive impact on review times. Great.

2. Over time there are fewer sub par tracks for our buyers to wade through and hopefully find the perfect track for their productions. The jungle gets bigger every day so better it is expanded with quality work that has utility for our clients. We all want the jungle to be full of high quality music and nothing else – it makes us all look better.

Why are you happy? (if you’re not happy post in another thread please)

Agreed!

36 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
+1 more
frequencity says

At the end of the day it comes down to this, if a track isn’t going to sell here – especially when we all want to make a bit of money here – then I’m glad every time I get a rejection. I would rather have the advice given to me; as Envato do, to change aspects to make the track as good as it can be; giving myself a fighting chance of getting sales, and self promotion in this industry.

by
by
by
by
by
by