• Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
vahid Staff says

The current audio categories were created 2 years ago by Collis, and much as I hate to say it – I think they don’t cut it anymore. ADG3 , Scott and Solidbeats have finally convinced us of the error of our ways and we are working to amend things. Hopefully this will help buyers find your Items more easily.

And, on top of that excitement, a price structure change is also slated to occur at the same time. We’ve decided that prices will be primarily based on duration and generally will be higher across the board. It seems that we are underpricing audio probably because it used to be sold under flashden.

We welcome your comments at this point and shall try and take them into account as we proceed.

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Great news!

872 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+4 more
AndySlatter Reviewer says

Yes,very positive news,which will encourage us all.

1045 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Switzerland
iDraw says

wise words, good news…I welcome the change of the categories, audio is definetely underpriced.. thats true, but wouldn’t this pull down the sales if we would priced it higher?.. just a thought

315 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+2 more
brandtz says

Hi all!

Additions to the current categories are very welcome news, great!

Will the reviewers then re-categorize the current contributions in the Jungle if needed ? Or will we get the possibility to make the change if needed ourself ?

I am glad to see that there will be a change in pricing too. I do realize it is a tough task to price Audio, but I still cannot see the idea with pricing the audio based primarily on duration. I cant see how it tells anything about the tracks usability. Maybe if this would be followed up with an explanation.

Keywords Is it necessary to have the keywords visible in the description field, could they be hidden and still be active as search words?

Audio Details More control over your own contribution like : 1. Change the title (a must have edit) 2. Change the categories 3. Update the files ourself (in my dreams presumably ;) but I like to be able)

Feature Featured Audio Author, will that come ? this is a very missed feature …....... indispensable!

Buyers See a list of who purchased your files, and when. Without the need of leaving a comment by the buyer.

Loop Set & variations It would be cool if contributers could upload loops and variation. And the buyer should be able to listen to each variation or loop. And then let the buyer be able to purchase only a loop set, the main or a variation of the track.This I think would be very attractive for buyers.

Audio Jungle Watermark ?

Comments How nice it would be to be able to see a preview of your comment before posting. And this feed system, maybe it is me, but I just cant figure out the advantage of it. If you leave a comment on a random picked file, and someone replies to that comment, how can you get the reply? Do you then need to add the item to your feed every time you leave a comment at some ones files, if you want to catch up? Why not have a regular comment system like deviantArt or similar ? It dont feel very intuitive to me. Maybe I don’t know all the tricks ;)

Just some random thoughts …........... let Audio Jungle roar ….........

Best

1499 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
+5 more
collis Staff says

I can’t believe I made those categories 2 years ago. I seem to recall just going through some other stock sound sites like Sound Rangers to see how they did theirs.

Some good suggestions Lyden

by
by
by
by
by
by