699 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

On what basis are Recent Items on Homepage (not footer) displayed? I’ve noticed that some older items are constantly displaying as “Recent” and the new ones can be seen just a few times after they get lost somewhere. I know it has to do with browser refresh but still there is some algorithm behind the whole thing. My question would be just why some old items are displaying as recent and the new ones are “here and there” and then “nowhere”?

94 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JimmyP says

It seems to randomly select from all templates approved within the last month… maybe even in the last week… not sure.

164 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
tonyc says

I think it’s random themes from the last XX days. But it has some mysql cache not to overload the servers

699 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

Tnx, someone must have read this thread because now everything seems to work fine.

1610 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
contempoinc says

The function of this is kinda wonky, I think it should display the most recent items added not random recent items from an entire week or whatever its setup to. I just recently released my first theme and haven’t seen it show up in the “rotation”, having it display the most recently added by date/hour/day/etc…would be better as it would guarantee themes get exposure and not get lost in the mix.

Just my .02, what does everyone else think?

3221 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

The way it works on FD and AJ, if nothing has changed, is by randomly displaying 21 of the last 100 items approved.

I assume it’s the same game here, but staff might enlighten us if it isn’t :)

20 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Belgium
+2 more
Kay_B says

I still think that whole “random-items”-section is a bit of a lost space… a button to the files-overvies (browse the ategories) or just display the latest uploads of each category…44 icons, a culumn of psd, 1 for wordpress, 1 for html 1 for others or something like that…

in short: display the latest posts on the front page, while trying to ncourage the visitors to browse the older files… *couchtemplatemonster.com is a great examplecouch

by
by
by
by
by
by