63 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
sticker says

Hi all,

Can anyone recommed a good gallery image viewer where fils can be simply “dropped” into a folder without the need to reanme the files to “image1.jpg” etc etc.

I have a club that will have several different galleries, so a large amount of seperate galleries would be needed also!

Thanks in advance!

1389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Pdesignx says

There is a gallery in my portfolio called Expandable image gallery…if you like it and purchase it i can provide you a version that reads a folder to generate xml data via php on the fly…

63 posts
  • Located in Europe
sticker says

Thanks for the reply, but the zoom feature of this template would not be what we are looking for. Just a simply image gallery format that I can drop files into without the labour of renaming files

Thanks anyway

1955 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Emroni says

You could try to ask a freelancer to do it for you. Simply show the gallery you would like to have, and ask if someone can modify it for you. If you have the proper budget, I could help you out as well

63 posts
  • Located in Europe
sticker says

Thanks for the reply.

Although my idea was to buy a pre-made template that does the job already. I’m surprised there isn’t any out there.

I would assume there would be a demand for a template where multiple galleries can be created by just dropping image files into a selected folder.

1718 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I’m surprised it’s such a rare feature. If I’d do a gallery I would never ever think of making the user rename the files.. Maybe someday.

535 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
dimumurray says
Thanks for the reply.

Although my idea was to buy a pre-made template that does the job already. I’m surprised there isn’t any out there.

I would assume there would be a demand for a template where multiple galleries can be created by just dropping image files into a selected folder.

This topic has cropped up on numerous occasions. The primary reason why you don’t find this feature in flash-base galleries is because flash doesn’t natively provide a simple means to parse a file folder. The primary work-around is to use a third party language like PHP or maybe javascript. There are a few such files around here though but you’ll have to do a fair bit of searching…

107 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
potenzzza says

Hi, you can see at my VERSATILE XML IMAGE VIEWER that can be used without rename files. But you must list them in an XML file…

4335 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

Let me explain:

Most galleries here are XML based. This means that there is a text file, which can be opened in notepad, dreamweaver etc. It has an extension of “XML” ie, gallery.txt is a normal text file, gallery.xml is an XML text file and can be opened in ANY text editor.

All of the XML image galleries on this site (and there are loads) do NOT require you to rename any of the files in your image folder, they just require you to put the name / location of each image in the XML file.

If you don’t want to have to put all the filenames of the images in these XML files, a freelancer can create a script for you to automatically generate an XML file. Your web server MUST be php compatible though. If you choose to hire a freelancer. You can pick any XML gallery you wish from activeden, and a freelancer can get it working for you :)

1389 posts
+7 more
Pdesignx says

i already said that! in my version you dont need to rename any file… just upload images into target folder…

by
by
by
by
by
by