4 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
TinAstronaut says

Hello, I am new to ThemeForest, and I hope to begin developing in the near future once I get everything in order. At the moment, I am building a theme and I’m on the fence with which page builder to use. I am not yet sure whether I will attempt to submit this theme, but either way, I would like the page builder to be simple to use for non-developers. I have tried several free page builder plugins like the IG PageBuilder and the SiteOrigin Page Builder, but none have really done the job for me.

I’ve tried to accomplish something seemingly simple, but none of the plugins could do it for me. This is what I am talking about: http://i.imgur.com/rSFJ2Lp.png . A full-width row with a centered wrapper of a smaller width. Using this theme as an example: http://themify.me/demo/#theme=flat you can see that each of the rows has its own background color and within, a smaller centered wrapper that contains the widget/s. This is what I am trying to achieve.

I hope that the question is not too specific and hopefully somebody will be able to recommend me a plugin that can achieve what I am asking for.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

OriginalJoomlaMan
OriginalJoomlaMan Recent Posts Threads Started
3 posts JoomlaMan Templates & Extensions Support
    Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
OriginalJoomlaMan says

Please using Visual Composer plugin :)

Hello, I am new to ThemeForest, and I hope to begin developing in the near future once I get everything in order. At the moment, I am building a theme and I’m on the fence with which page builder to use. I am not yet sure whether I will attempt to submit this theme, but either way, I would like the page builder to be simple to use for non-developers. I have tried several free page builder plugins like the IG PageBuilder and the SiteOrigin Page Builder, but none have really done the job for me.

I’ve tried to accomplish something seemingly simple, but none of the plugins could do it for me. This is what I am talking about: http://i.imgur.com/rSFJ2Lp.png . A full-width row with a centered wrapper of a smaller width. Using this theme as an example: http://themify.me/demo/#theme=flat you can see that each of the rows has its own background color and within, a smaller centered wrapper that contains the widget/s. This is what I am trying to achieve.

I hope that the question is not too specific and hopefully somebody will be able to recommend me a plugin that can achieve what I am asking for.

Thank you in advance for any replies.
4 posts
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
TinAstronaut says

Thanks for your reply.

I’m aware of Visual Composer, but the extended license is quite expensive. I am prepared to spend the $150 if it is necessary, but as a beginner here on TF, I want to research other, perhaps not as expensive or even free plugins, before making such a purchase. I do plan on buying VC in the future, just not so early starting out.

Do you happen to have any other recommendations?

3799 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Nominated Community Superstar of the month Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

To be fair any plugin with extended license is going to be $100 upwards.

I appreciate your position although I would add – long term you get what you pay for and there is a reason (quality and adaptability) that so many themes use VC.

Long term using a cheaper more basic version will probably result in update or code issues that need fixing and certainly a number of custom elements needing to be created to meet the expectation of themes to sell here (which again could be a nightmare if the plugin is not well constructed).

5 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Located in Italy
andreisss says

Visual Composer is the best, but extended licence is expensive. I’m the same situation.

3799 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Nominated Community Superstar of the month Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

I would also add that $150 for the extended license (Assuming you do not apply add on extensions) of VC – that’s only around 5 theme sales to cover the cost – its really not that bad for the quality and on going updates include din the composer.

177 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
web20donkey says

You can try Aqua Page Builder, it’s free, but you’ll need to have some PHP knowledge to extend it, as it comes only with some example blocks by default.

Cheers.

3 posts
nettuto says

I recomend that if you can you should build your own, i have a littel experience in this kind of stuff take a look here it’s my own page builder :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhRDwI0f5eg

I know that it’s a hard work but you will learn a tons of things.

I’m planning to rewrite the hole code because the first time i coded it i focus on the usability now i’m goging to build the new version with more optimised things.

If you’r intersested we can find a way to help each other.

by
by
by
by
by
by