3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
RobertShepherd says

I’m new to ThemeForest and have bought a Theme or two already. I love this place and want to support some theme developers. I operate a freelance web design studio and wish to use themes found here as starting points.

Unfortunately, my experiences in product support for the themes I purchased have been sorely lacking. I understand some theme developers are one-man shops but I do expect some sort of active support system.

So my question to all is which Authors offer the best support systems? So instead of me shopping for a theme, I’ll shop for an author and buy themes from those actively supporting their products.

I can be a very loyal customer to any developer who invests in their support system. A good support system is more valuable to me than the product itself, and I’m sure many others would agree.

So thanks in advance to all who point me to the best author. I’m looking forward to your answers.

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

<shameless-self-promotion>

Welcome to TF! I personally pride myself on offering top notch support for all my buyers.

</shameless-self-promotion>

3 posts
RobertShepherd says

Nice to meet you, Chris. I’ll take a look at your themes right now.

And to all, of course this is an invitation for shameless self promotion. I figure if you are active on the forum, you are active to support your themes.

1630 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

<shameless-self-promotion>

Welcome to TF! I personally pride myself on offering top notch support for all my buyers.

</shameless-self-promotion>

support + sense of humor :)
+1

1793 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I’d say most of the top 100 authors do provide top support, with some exceptions :)

500 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Check the replies in the item comments too. An author who doesn’t reply there is a lot less likely to reply via another support avenue in my view.

Rich

265 posts JoomFX.com
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+3 more
joomfx says

A good support system is more valuable to me than the product itself, and I’m sure many others would agree.

I couldn’t agree more :)
Support is at least 50% of the digital product, in this case themes/templates. Or at least this is what I think :P

181 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
HellasDesign says

You should check the comments on items’ pages. There are a lot of “new” authors that they are not “Elite” and they provide very good technical support and a lot of updates!

377 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Take a look at the comments of our items : http://themeforest.net/user/pixelgrade/portfolio

Also you can check the current support system: pixelgrade.ticksy.com (we will be switching soon to desk.com so we can provide even better support and knowledge management).

500 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeBeans says

Also you can check the current support system: pixelgrade.ticksy.com (we will be switching soon to desk.com so we can provide even better support and knowledge management).

Desk is rockin’ for us. A bit higher cost and a pain to get setup just right – but totally worth it.

by
by
by
by
by
by