3 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 2
RobertShepherd
says

I’m new to ThemeForest and have bought a Theme or two already. I love this place and want to support some theme developers. I operate a freelance web design studio and wish to use themes found here as starting points.

Unfortunately, my experiences in product support for the themes I purchased have been sorely lacking. I understand some theme developers are one-man shops but I do expect some sort of active support system.

So my question to all is which Authors offer the best support systems? So instead of me shopping for a theme, I’ll shop for an author and buy themes from those actively supporting their products.

I can be a very loyal customer to any developer who invests in their support system. A good support system is more valuable to me than the product itself, and I’m sure many others would agree.

So thanks in advance to all who point me to the best author. I’m looking forward to your answers.

1680 posts Chris Robinson
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 10
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • United States
+13 more
contempoinc
says

<shameless-self-promotion>

Welcome to TF! I personally pride myself on offering top notch support for all my buyers.

</shameless-self-promotion>

3 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 2
RobertShepherd
says

Nice to meet you, Chris. I’ll take a look at your themes right now.

And to all, of course this is an invitation for shameless self promotion. I figure if you are active on the forum, you are active to support your themes.

2234 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Featured Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
Bedros
says

<shameless-self-promotion>

Welcome to TF! I personally pride myself on offering top notch support for all my buyers.

</shameless-self-promotion>

support + sense of humor :)
+1

2065 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
+9 more
FinalDestiny
says

I’d say most of the top 100 authors do provide top support, with some exceptions :)

667 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Author Level 9
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
+7 more
ThemeBeans
says

Check the replies in the item comments too. An author who doesn’t reply there is a lot less likely to reply via another support avenue in my view.

Rich

291 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • Exclusive Author
  • 3 Years of Membership
+4 more
joomfx
says

A good support system is more valuable to me than the product itself, and I’m sure many others would agree.

I couldn’t agree more :)
Support is at least 50% of the digital product, in this case themes/templates. Or at least this is what I think :P

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • 2 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 2
+2 more
HellasDesign
says

You should check the comments on items’ pages. There are a lot of “new” authors that they are not “Elite” and they provide very good technical support and a lot of updates!

396 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Author Level 12
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
+8 more
pixelgrade
says

Take a look at the comments of our items : http://themeforest.net/user/pixelgrade/portfolio

Also you can check the current support system: pixelgrade.ticksy.com (we will be switching soon to desk.com so we can provide even better support and knowledge management).

667 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Author Level 9
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
+7 more
ThemeBeans
says

Also you can check the current support system: pixelgrade.ticksy.com (we will be switching soon to desk.com so we can provide even better support and knowledge management).

Desk is rockin’ for us. A bit higher cost and a pain to get setup just right – but totally worth it.

by
by
by
by
by
by