3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
Destinii says

I am new here and currently I am currently looking for a website template. However, one of my criteria is to allow my customers to order my products on a repeat process – customers can select the icon to order my products every 2 weeks, 3 weeks etc. I cannot see a website template that offers this facility. My aim is to sell natural beauty products (e.g. soap, lip balm, shampoo etc). If any of you designers already have an website template for a retail e-commerce, that already has this facility, can you kindly comment and I will look have a look at your template. Alternatively, if there is a keyword I should use in the search facility, please advice. Thank you all.

114 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
goofydadog says

Hi, Welcome!

A website template is just the design part of the website. Most functionality would come from the cart framework (magento, wordpress, prestashop, open cart etc) and additional modules or plugins. Whilst some themes do come with built in functionality you can always add functionality by adding these plugins. Using plugins as opposed to theme specific functionality allows you to change theme easily if you ever want / need to.

You would be best to find a plugin that caters for repeat orders (perhaps a subscription plug in?). Have a look on http://codecanyon.net/ or try good old google for a solution, and then you can use it with any template you like on that framework.

3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
Destinii says

Dear Goofydadog

thank you for your reply. My understanding from what you have written is to purchase a website template and then add the plugin. There are a few website templates that I like from Themeforest and I need to narrow it down. I am a bit scared selecting a plugin from Google because I would not be able to know which one to trust. However, on this site I am sure that I can trust the designers. I will have a look at the subscription plugins, I hope I can change the wording from subscription to autoship and save

A big thank you again because I did not want to make a mistake and you have clarified this even more for me.

by
by
by
by
by
by