I miss the old site…
I miss the old site…
Poor guy.. he has to redesign his files to match this site
I miss the old site…Poor guy.. he has to redesign his files to match this site
What are you talking about?
What a disaster!!! Sorry for the Double Post but it looks like the right place to put it.
Sorry to disappoint you but although it looks pretty it takes longer to navigate through it because of all the wasted space from huge padding and unnecessary links
Pros: Looks Pretty
1. Bad Navigation
2. Item titles are huge. Large is nice but this is overkill
3. Wasted space with huge margins
4. When viewing an item I was able to see the basic info without scrolling
5. I have to scroll forever to view my bookmarks compared to the very easy to use old list
6. Because of all the wasted space between your panels I have to scroll to see the recent items even on a 20 inch monitor laptop. That for me as a constant buyer is a pain.
7. Without leaving the home page I was able to view the most popular and recent items with one click
8. Popular Items page is an eye soar. To much going on. It was better before.
9. Dropdowns for links that need to be always present is a disaster. The removal of the most common links from the left and made into a dropdown is a huge mistake. What where you guys thinking. Look at it from a buyers point of view or a new user. As is we now have to do two moves and find something that before was just right there in front of us.
Here is an edited image of how much space you are wasting with this very spaced out design:
Sorry guys but in my opinion this Wordpress approach for the above reasons is a step backwards.
I always loved Flashden over Flashcomponents.net for how nice it was to navigate through it.
With this new design it is just as bad as Flashcomponents.net, what a shame.
As I said it looks nice but it is inferior to your old layout as far as functionality is concerned.
The only reason I took the time to write all this is because I love this site and as a busy buyer I will have to waste more time now and not enjoy my browsing and buying as much as I used to.