447 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
phpbits says

Hi Everyone,

Can you please confirm if you are paying to use redux on your theme. I just saw someone posted this on facebook group : http://reduxframework.com/premium/

Thanks

1677 posts Multimedia Artistry
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
dnp_theme says

This could be a good reason to find another one, there are plenty out there with same or even better features.

168 posts
    Located in Asia/Pacific Region Contributed a free file of the month Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
huykhong says

A donate button will better than “Developing Redux is a time-consuming process, so your support ensures that we can continue to provide you with the best support for the best framework ever built!” Time for finding another framework.

55 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
+1 more
A3WebTools says

We were looking at Redux when the Envato posted about the framework, but it seems to be a lot more firepower than what was needed for basic plugins.

Not sure what the plugin itself does if the point of the framework was to be able to integrate options capability into a plugin or theme. Still, I suppose that is the “100% Open Source” part.

I don’t begrudge the service charge though. The donate button may sound like a better idea, but depending on the crowd, they would probably cut their revenue stream by half the first day and down to nothing the following month unless engaging with their users on a pretty consistent level. People are notoriously cheap and hard to please, especially when stuff is free.

991 posts It's in the pipeline!
    Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

OptionTree FTW!

638 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+1 more
Typps says

OptionTree FTW!
+1

If you really want to make money off this, then create themes that use the framework like everybody else. It still puts you in a better position given that now you are a brand a lot of people recognize and respect. This direction they’ve taken is just wrong IMHO.

336 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
QBKL says

From what I read in the Premium offers, you can still use Redux with your themes. As a plugin. You can still activate it with TGM and configure it from your theme/plugin’s code. Sure, you don’t get all the bells and whistles, but you can still do it.

“Redux is 100% open source, licensed under the Version 2 of the GNU General Public License… and we’re proud of if! Want to use Redux in a commercial product? You’re free to do so! Want to fork it? Go right ahead!” - Redux Website
1208 posts The Last Man Standing
    Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

OptionTree FTW!

+1 :)

55 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
+1 more
A3WebTools says

From what I read in the Premium offers, you can still use Redux with your themes. As a plugin. You can still activate it with TGM and configure it from your theme/plugin’s code. Sure, you don’t get all the bells and whistles, but you can still do it.

Wouldn’t it not be better then to skip needing an extra plugin and just build a custom admin panel? I suppose it’s not as easy to snap into place, but it would be more brandable and almost as reusable over time.

From a support / download perspective, don’t users like to have everything fit neatly into the same downloadable box? One would imagine if they required an additional plugin, you would get a lot of e-mails because so-and-so didn’t read the instructions.

374 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

Redux Premium? I thought this is 100% open-source. Can you please confirm if you are paying to use redux on your theme. I just saw someone posted this on facebook group : http://reduxframework.com/premium/

Are you merely opposed to the sale of a premium version? “Open Source” does not equal free AFAIK.

This is the free version which will remain free – http://wordpress.org/plugins/redux-framework/

The “premium” version a “pro” version above and beyond that of the “free” version. View it as a thank you for continuing to support the Redux project and making the “free” possible for those who profit from it but never contribute either money or code back to it.

by
by
by
by
by
by