330 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
WPWiseOwl says

Wouldn’t it not be better then to skip needing an extra plugin and just build a custom admin panel? I suppose it’s not as easy to snap into place, but it would be more brandable and almost as reusable over time.

If you don’t want to ship a separate plugin, the built-in WP Settings API is always available that many either are unaware of or forget about. Since not every project will need the additional weight / power of an alternative option framework, it can often be a good fit.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_API

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/the-complete-guide-to-the-wordpress-settings-api-part-1-what-it-is-why-it-matters--wp-24060

https://tutsplus.com/course/wordpress-settings-api/

Though when you need do things it can’t, plugin option frameworks are a good alternative IMO.

74 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
SimpleRain says

Hello everyone. Lead dev over here at Redux.

So, that page was from 8 months ago when we started talking about models, about how we could sustain our effort. We had it completely hidden and had forgotten all about it because that IS NOT nor EVER WILL be the Redux stance.

When we moved to WP Engine, for whatever reason, it was no longer private as it was before.

Again, this is not nor will it ever be the model of Redux Framework. The core is free, will always be free, without any regulation. We will sell premium extensions to further our effort.

You can also check the site. I have updated the content to match our current offering and I apologize for the confusion.

@phpbits, no one is paying to use Redux the control panel.

@dnp_theme I know you like VafPress, but I assure you we have features that Vafpress does not.

@huykhong There is a donate button. This was a mistake. See above.

@A3WebTools You can strip it down if you want. We simply give you the tools, you decide how to use it. To make it lighter go into ~/ReduxCore/inc/fields and remove the fields you don’t use. I am glad you’re not sad for the charge, but there is not one. This is a misunderstanding.

@purethemes have you tried the Redux Converter? At least give Redux a go with your OptionTree data before you completely dismiss it.

@Typps – Not our position, HUGE misunderstanding.

@QBKL Notice the GPL2? We’re GPL3. That page is defunkt.

@WPWiseOwl Thank you for explaining things. Though I fear the confusion for this was our mistake.

538 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Typps says

@SimpleRain, Thanks for the clarifications!

317 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
QBKL says

@SimpleRain, thanks for clarifying.

PS: Was only quoting your site. ;)

74 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
SimpleRain says

Oh I know. It was our mistake. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

372 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Philippines
phpbits says

@SimpleRain Thanks a lot for the clarification, I’m about to go back to OptionTree but since you’ve confirmed that this is 100% free I’ll use it on my next item :)

Cheers, phpbits

74 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
SimpleRain says

@phpbits Awesome. If you wouldn’t mind updating your first post with details so newcomers maybe are not confused I’d appreciate it. Again, sorry for our mistake. ;)

372 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Philippines
phpbits says

There is no edit field. I hope the staff will close/remove this thread now.

Thanks again

4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

There’s a note at the bottom of the page, that states

Misunderstanding For those of you who happened upon this page from an outraged blog post, we apologize. Previously this page was a test of a model wherein we asked devs to donate money if they embedded Redux in their theme/plugin. When we made our move to WPEngine apparently that post went live when it had previous been private. We had all but forgotten about it.. We will not be employing that model ever. The core is yours without any restriction, though we would appreciate a recognition in your product description. We apologize for the confusion.
by
by
by
by
by
by