1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
denishua says

I found lost of theme author will use script to remove themeforest’s buy iframe in the DEMO site, and use their own iframe.

but the biggest problem is these theme author will user their own referral link in their buy iframe.

I think it is very unfair foe lots of referrer. Does themeforest do something for it?

1831 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

And why is it unfair?

278 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

If someone visited ThemeForest with your referral link then author referral, you’ll get 30% of deposit because your referral was first.

106 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
pjtops says

That’ s exactly what I do, I don’t think its a problem. Whenever someone browses an envato site, a cookie with the session id is stored. So if a user arrives here through an external link, if that cookie is still active then that referral link does not count. I’m not sure how long the envato cookies take before expiring, but the standard is usually 15 minutes – more than enough time for a buyer to view the demo and return to envato.

My demos usually contain my own bar at the top with some additional links, and if it appears at the top with envato’s bar it all looks kind of untidy and ugly, which is why I remove envato’s bar.

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

I’m not sure how long the envato cookies take before expiring

If a person clicks a link, they have three months before the cookie expires. For additional information on how the current marketplace affiliate program works, please refer to this Knowledgebase article. Cheers.

106 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
pjtops says

Thanks Dzinc, that page actually covers what I was talking about:

If you have visited one of the Envato Marketplaces before and then click a referral link, it doesn’t count.
466 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
readactor says

denishua, you can chose to promote just items what in live demo let themeforest iframe. once per month i check items what i promote to see if they changed the live demo iframe. if they did that, i change the link to point on the purchase page instead live demo. on others, i just delete the item from my website.

by
by
by
by
by
by