630 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

Damn… I knew it was a stupid question!!! :x
I did not knew that, but I guess there is no website like Flashden anyway :)

3402 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says
461 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
Solidbeats Envato team says

lol bobo.. i see that you spend your free time off wisely :P

755 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
djankey says
932 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
JWG says

How come staff never chimes in when we talk about the low rates and the better rates of FD’s competition? Touchy subject? I know the orig excuse was, FD staff don’t get paid, profit goes into advertising…. ok, well, now that everyone knows about us, can we get something in return? Bring some of that profit back to those who make this site so popular? I would just like to hear what someone from staff has to say about this. I don’t think I have seen one author say he/she is happy with 25%, but I also havent heard any staff say why we “authors” still have to take so little? Don’t tell me your spending all the money on hosting…. I know how slow this site can be. :P

4909 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Well put JWG , I agree with you but I feel like your fighting a losing war. Like your statement…the staff tend to not get involved in conversations about rate increases, let alone actually grant it. Plus if it ever happened I would expect something like 35&. I agree, I think FD staff must make a decent amt of money from all the files, but I think that 98% of the author community doesnt make crap. Technically when it boils down you are making less than minimum wage if you were to consider how many hours you put into your file, compared to money made off that file. That ratio would probably end up being very very low. I have a few FD specific files coming up, and once I get those up. Unless the rates do move to something like 50% no matter what your badge is, I think I am only going to upload files that I needed to make for other projects. Like if I make an element for a project, Ill modify it a bit, and rerender it for FD. But I dont think I am going to continue to make files specifically for flashden. It just doesnt make any sense.

If I take 4-5 hours producing a video effect. It gets priced at 6-8 bucks. I see between 1.00-2.00 on average per sale, based on which video was purchased. Just to make minimum wage where I am from (not my normal video rate…just minimum wage) it would have to sell 24 times. Most of my video files have only sold less than 10 times. So it could take me, personally, close to a year just get paid 24 bucks for a file…and thats at minimum wage. Realizing now its really not worth it.

732 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
URanimEnigma says

Lets sign a petition.

3072 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

well… i think lots of people register to site… upload few files… and after they see how the system works they leave…
you must make real good stuff to sell… but when you see that your work only counts 25% or 35% in exclusivity mode… and max 50% after real hard work… that is not really encouraging :|

It’s like.. take it or leave it…

On the other hand… this site is a very good way to promote your skills… and a good online portfolio keeper…

496 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
JType says

Just an idea: Is it possible to set up a referral link that takes the new user straight to my portfolio?

As it stands, the referral link, takes newcomers, straight to the homepage, which is great, and without a doubt the best place for them to go. However, in my quest to sell more files and, in turn, make more money, I need to advertise/market myself to others. If I give someone a referral link, in the process of showing them my portfolio, they will be taken to the homepage, and may not immediately know how to get to my page.

On the other hand, if I give them the link to my portfolio, and then they decide to sign up for themselves, they haven’t gone through my referral link..

Please let me know if I am missing something extremely obvious here.. (Apologies if I have..)

1246 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+4 more
zefs says

Yes it’s extremely obvious.Just add after your portfolio link.

by
by
by
by
by
by