562 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+17 more
theMOLITOR says

I’ve noticed that there are quite a bit of users on here who seem to thrive solely off of referrals. I think that’s GREAT !

I want to highlight a couple of users that seem to comment on almost EVERY new entry and are quick to promote marketplace items…

External: http://themeforest.net/user/external

and

WPExplorer: http://themeforest.net/user/WPExplorer

Are there any others that you know of? Let’s celebrate these awesome referrers! :-D

2457 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I’ve fiddled a little with referrals, but you have to be fast and useful.

And when I say useful, I mean don’t just copy/paste the author’s description. Motivate visitors, add your touch/thoughts etc. But I guess any serious affiliate knows that stuff already :)

Personally, I’m very curious how much people you guys got to sign up in a single month (your best month). I don’t have enough time to spend on this, so my personal record is 2 sign-ups (made this month :D )

370 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
PixelStores says

I to is curious if users make a decent amount using the referral system, my record is 3 click throughs and no sales lol.

109 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Weborithm says

I actually made more money this month with referrals than theme sales. Then again I did not upload any themes this month. Well…I tried to at least.

Sometimes though you end up making more on referrals than you would selling a theme @40%. The bad part is that you only make money off a referral once, which can suck if they go on to buy more than 1 item.

2457 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says
The bad part is that you only make money off a referral once, which can suck if they go on to buy more than 1 item.

Amen!

I’d be more than happy to get not 30% of the first deposit, but a 10% or even 5% off of every theme that the user I sent here purchases. After all, that’s how almost ANY other WP marketplace/theme providers pay affiliates. I think 10% or 5% is not much to ask, since on other sites you get 15-50% off of every sale. (ok, they don’t have the sales volume as TF, but hey, I’m not asking for the same commissions they give)

Also, it’s a pain in the ass that if a user has ever visited an Envato marketplace before you refer him/her, you get NADA , nothing, zero $.

So come on people, share your sign ups rates, don’t be shy. (I don’t care about how much money you make, just the conversion rate from clickthroughs to actual sign ups)

EDIT :

Here are my referral stats for this month:

213 Clickthroughs | 2 Registered Members | 2 Deposits

109 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Weborithm says

My conversion rate is around 2 – 3 %

+1 on your suggestions digitalimpact.

A lower, but recurring, commission rate would be awesome.

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
chack says

April:

449 Clickthroughs 2 Registered Members 0 Deposits

370 posts
+5 more
PixelStores says
Here are my referral stats for this month: 213 Clickthroughs | 2 Registered Members | 2 Deposits

Man! I would of expected more signups with that many click throughs, were they targeted traffic?

2457 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says
Man! I would of expected more signups with that many click throughs, were they targeted traffic?

Yeah, targeted. I have a Premium WP theme showcase (sorry, can’t advertise here) which I haven’t updated for some time now.

You think that’s low?

Check this out:

December 2009 | 562 Clickthroughs | 0 Registered Members | 0 Deposits

Now you understand my “frustration” :)

EDIT : conversion rates are low for many people; I remember Dany (DDStudios) said something about having 3000+ clickthroughs & under 100 signups …

370 posts
+5 more
PixelStores says

Yer, i would be pretty pissed off with that kinda result, i feel ya bro! I would of expected a good conversion rate with the referral program, Best themes on the web, great community, just seeing DD hate threads here would of made me signup, lol..

Looking at the referral page, i can’t see how long the cookie lasts, any idea?

by
by
by
by
by
by