2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says
The way i see this need to work is: No commissions for deposites, but XX% for each single purchaise the person you reffered makes…thats how it works almost everywhere.

That would be good.

133 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
ZacharyKnight says

It doesn’t have to be a higher percent…just for a longer period ... like most affiliate programs.

I did some advertising experiments and it would have been profitable… I would have continued to actively send hundreds of people to ActiveDen ...but the one-time-only policy is basically worthless and I lost money.

Why shouldn’t I get a piece of the referred client for life? It doesn’t have to be 30%...heck, 20% may work if it continues for as long as the account is active. The point is, it’s money that AD may not have gotten without my efforts, right?

- Z -

49 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in United States
Anthonyash says

DDStudios, you complain a lot about the money issue. Why can’t you just be happy with the money that you’re making and move along? I mean, it’s not like you’re doing any work when someone deposits their own money in their account. So why should you receive any of it? The fact that you make loads of money from selling at Themeforest should make you happy enough to refer people for free. Now you want more money just to send people here? Hasn’t Envato done enough for you? Seriously, dude, c’mon!

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

we authors pay envato alot (%60 out of our complete income on here)...so i dont see a reason to reffere people for free to envato and be thankfull they let me sell on here. I pay my %60 commission to Envato with each single sale of my items, so they should also pay me for each single sale i reffered through my Ref ID…thats what sounds logical. Envato schould show some luv back or kiss their amazing Aff Program good-bye!! This has been discussed several times on other threads…that envato need huge improvements on the affilate system. Lets hope they take this in consideration if they plan someone brings them buyers.

2182 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+14 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

I also this the refferal cut should be bigger or longer, because right now 30% for a new customer is just funny :D

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
DDStudios, you complain a lot about the money issue. Why can’t you just be happy with the money that you’re making and move along? I mean, it’s not like you’re doing any work when someone deposits their own money in their account. So why should you receive any of it? The fact that you make loads of money from selling at Themeforest should make you happy enough to refer people for free. Now you want more money just to send people here? Hasn’t Envato done enough for you? Seriously, dude, c’mon!

I respect your opinion but there is some concept you clearly don’t understand.

First of all , I do appreciate what Envato do for me but you have to be aware that they keep 60% of my sales , they don’t make me any gift. It’s a win-win situation , I build stuff , they give me visibility to sell it .. I earn cash .. they earn cash .. it’s equal .. I don’t owe them anything andd they don’t owe me anything.

Everything I earn here is deserved , it’s not easy money like you seem to think.

This is not free complaining , I want thing to be better , I think we deserve more cash on the refferals and I speak about it. If someone have good arguments , maybe I’ll change my mind. But yours are not good at all.

Now , refferals stuff is a completely different thing. Someone who doesnt even sell thing here can referrals people and make some money. Should he have more % money because Envato doesnt do anything for him ? No ..

You really think I don’t work to refferal people ? You think it’s free money for me ? If I dont need to work for that , why havent you reffered anybody ? If it would be THAT easy , then eevrybody would refer peopple and make money :)

2182 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+14 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

LOL , please man become an author and give 100% of your income to Envato because they let you sell in their online shop..

I just think we have to respect each other, (By each other I mean Envato and Authors), they are making big money on us and we are making money because of them.. we have to live in harmony, but as It comes to referrals I think authors should get a % of each deposit, it can be small percent…

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
LOL , please man become an author and give 100% of your income to Envato because they let you sell in their online shop..

LOL ! That’s funny :)

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
fillerspace says
I think we deserve more cash on the refferals and I speak about it.

Remember that every member you refer is a potential buyer for your items! If you want a cut of future deposits, sell them stuff!

But I agree that it would be nice to get a cut of future deposits. I would say that I am a typical new member: I heard about Envato and signed up, and deposited just enough to buy one template. Now that I am convinced of the quality, I have deposited more at a time. I would imagine that the 2nd and 3rd deposits would be much bigger than the first.

Maybe a tiered commission would work: 20% of the first deposit, 15% of the 2nd, 10% of the 3rd, etc.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
I think we deserve more cash on the refferals and I speak about it.

Remember that every member you refer is a potential buyer for your items! If you want a cut of future deposits, sell them stuff!

But I agree that it would be nice to get a cut of future deposits. I would say that I am a typical new member: I heard about Envato and signed up, and deposited just enough to buy one template. Now that I am convinced of the quality, I have deposited more at a time. I would imagine that the 2nd and 3rd deposits would be much bigger than the first.

Maybe a tiered commission would work: 20% of the first deposit, 15% of the 2nd, 10% of the 3rd, etc.

Yeah that’s exactly what I’m talking about .. the first deposit is to test the water. Maybe the guy will desposit 20$ .. then he buy a theme and he fall in LOVE with Envato and then his next deposit is 500$ ... I should get paid on that , not only his little 20$ he put there just to try it.

And what are the odds he’s gonna buy my stuff ? I mean .. I don’t just to publicity for my stuff.

by
by
by
by
by
by