3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
donkified says

hello,

I bought a wordpress theme and it’s not working, how do I go about getting a refund?

207 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
themeflame says

Hey.

I just wanted to say that if you’ve bought a theme from themeforest, it means it was approved and that it works. We’ve got a 1* rating because somebody had this issue. It is most likely a problem on your end which is usually easy to fix.

But neverentheless, if you really want to chargeback, just contact Envato’s Support about it, they’ll solve it.

168 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
subsolar says

But still it’s better to contact the author and explain to him what exactly you mean by “not working”. I’m sure he will help you right away :)

174 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
An-Themes says

The expression “Don’t work, I want a refund” is a new trend in TF to get themes for free :D

3 posts
donkified says

Hey.

I just wanted to say that if you’ve bought a theme from themeforest, it means it was approved and that it works. We’ve got a 1* rating because somebody had this issue. It is most likely a problem on your end which is usually easy to fix.

But neverentheless, if you really want to chargeback, just contact Envato’s Support about it, they’ll solve it.

Hi guys thanks for the reply.

i have contacted the author but they’re not really responding- and there seems to be a ton of problems with the theme looking in the support forum. Basically every theme I have loads up fine but when I activate this one the screen goes blank. Also the live preview doesn’t work and does for every other theme.

While i accept this could be a problem at my end, every other theme working fine means its probably not my fault. All they suggested is turn off minify but i did that and as i said, no problems elsewhere. It’s the newspaper wordpress theme.

I’ll contact the support now thanks

268 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
Jthemes says

If he is not answering than its not good, Its quite odd in TF that a author is not replying to his customer.

Try once again. I dont think envato can help in anyway.

3 posts
donkified says

If he is not answering than its not good, Its quite odd in TF that a author is not replying to his customer. Try once again. I dont think envato can help in anyway.

Envato sold me the theme, so they can give me a refund. I need this site up by the weekend so I have to go buy another theme now

474 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
rayoflightt says

If he is not answering than its not good, Its quite odd in TF that a author is not replying to his customer.

Authors with lot of sales and customers have lot of support questions and it is not so odd not replying to all of them very fast.

donkified, you said that theme preview doesn’t work. I would never buy theme if that’s the case. If theme preview works fine then it is not very likely theme isn’t working at all only in case author didn’t upload right files for download, which would be really strange.

Contact support and they will check the theme.

1148 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
fillerspace says

donkified, you said that theme preview doesn’t work. I would never buy theme if that’s the case.

I think he was referring to the WordPress admin theme preview, not the live preview on Themeforest. If the preview in the admin isn’t working and the theme gives a blank screen, there is likely a PHP fatal error happening.

474 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
rayoflightt says

I think he was referring to the WordPress admin theme preview, not the live preview on Themeforest. If the preview in the admin isn’t working and the theme gives a blank screen, there is likely a PHP fatal error happening.

Probably. But then it is not the same theme as in live preview if live preview works. Might be an error in zip files upload.

by
by
by
by
by
by