29 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
johnburton says

Unless I missed something, there’s no way to test a WP plugin for compatibility with other plugins or themes.

I purchased a plugin and it didn’t work. The developer spent quality time in my admin trying to get it to work, but couldn’t.

Here’s what he said in his email:

I can’t make it work. I don’t know if is your theme or some plugin. Sorry.

Regards, Eduardo Sada.

So, I asked for a refund from Envato… but they denied it. How can this be?

I can’t test the plugin before purchasing… and I can’t get a refund if it’s not compatible.

So, Envato has my money and I have nothing in return.

I bought some other plugins… but I can’t imagine spending any more money here… it wouldn’t be wise.

629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

There isn’t anything wrong.

On the tags on the page, it should say what version(s) of wordpress it will run on.

68 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
iamfriendly says

Have you tried turning off all other plugins and seeing if the one you have purchased then works? If so, turn on each plugin one by one and check if the one you got on here still works. You’ll then know which one breaks the plugin.

If you turn all other plugins off and the plugin you got on here still doesn’t work, then it will be probably be your theme. Try reverting back to the default 2010 them that came with your WordPress install and see if the plugin works then. If it does, then that confirms it.

I’d recommend doing these things, then going back to the person you bought the plugin off with your findings.

Good luck.

29 posts
  • United States
johnburton says

The version of WP isn’t the issue. It won’t work with my theme… it’s called Headway. It’s a premium theme, and the plugin I bought from Envato won’t work with that theme installed.

It’s very common to find plugins that are not compatible with other plugins, or with themes… the only way to test and see if it will work is to install it along side the other plugins/themes.

Then, if it doesn’t work you simply move on… but in this case I need to get my money back.

29 posts
  • United States
johnburton says

Right… I did all of that. It’s my theme that is the issue. So, the plugin I bought won’t work for me… I can’t use it.

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
iamfriendly says

OK nice work finding out. Have you gone back to the plugin’s developer with that information and told him/her?

I imagine, as Headway is a very popular theme framework, that (s)he’ll want to get it working with it as (s)he’ll be able to proudly boast that on the plugin’s home page. (Compatible with Headway etc.)

What are the error messages that you’re getting, perhaps we can help in here?

29 posts
  • United States
johnburton says

Yep, I did connect with the developer… When I add the shortcode (Lightbox Evolution), a link is created… but, when you click on it nothing happens.

29 posts
  • United States
johnburton says

If it would help I can reactivate the plugin… if anybody wants to take a look at it.

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
iamfriendly says

Are there any errors in firebug’s console when you click a link (and nothing happens)... if you’re unsure of what I mean, activate it again and send me a link and I’ll find out for you (otherwise, install ‘firebug’ for Firefox and then open up the console tab, refresh the page and it’ll tell you if there are any errors).

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

@john – can you forward me your support email thread? I’ll take a look. sitemanager[at]codecanyon.net

by
by
by
by
by
by