29 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
johnburton says

You can take a look at www.burtonsites.com/test. The open image link should result in a modal window.

Here’s the support# [#106302]: General Financial Issue – johnburton

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

Yep, I did connect with the developer… When I add the shortcode (Lightbox Evolution), a link is created… but, when you click on it nothing happens.

Right here you have found the source of the problem. jQuery incompatibility issues are extremely common, particularly if the developer (of either the theme or the plugin) failed to load or call jquery correctly.

A quick test you can always run is disabling jquery (or just removing the call to jQuery) in the plugin file and see if it works. If you are not comfortable doing that, then contact the plugin developer and ask him to do it.

I be that fixes it.

68 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iamfriendly says

OK, I can spot a couple of things that are immediately wrong with that test page.

1) It’s in Quirks mode. What this means is it hasn’t found the doctype declaration first. If you view source on that page, you’ll see why – you have the #pbk-mega-wrap div above everything – which isn’t where it should be.

2) The link which says ‘open image’ has a class of lightbox, which I bet is right however it has empty href and rel properties which clearly isn’t right – and is why clicking on it does nothing.

I would imagine number 2) is caused by number 1)

I would disable the mega menu you have, whether it’s a plugin, or an addon to your theme. If it’s not a plugin, go into your theme’s header.php file and remove the div with an id of pbk-mega-wrap and everything that is in it.

Refresh the page and see if the plugin then works.

Let me know how you get on with this…

68 posts
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
iamfriendly says

Also, the post/page that you have loaded seems to load the menu again within ‘the content’ and then it loads the test content which reads ‘Test’ and Open Image.

That definitely isn’t right, and I would imagine it doesn’t have anything to do with the plugin causing you problems.

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

How did you add the link “open image”? It might be as simple as something like forgetting to include the link to the actual image. As noted above, the href and rel tags of the anchor link are empty.

29 posts
johnburton says

Hmmmm… Ok. I’ll check into that… if it is the megamenu causing the problem… what would a next step be? I need to keep that.

Unfortunately I don’t code… (which is why I like to buy quality plugins)...

29 posts
johnburton says

Here’s the actual shortcode:

‘[lightbox href=”http://burtonsites.com/images/burtonsitesexample1.jpg”]Open Image[/lightbox] ‘

The linked file is there…

68 posts
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
iamfriendly says

Well there’s something definitely not right as the ‘content’ of the test page seems load the menu as well. So the megamenu is appearing twice. And both times it’s in the wrong place.

If it’s manually placed (in your header.php template file) – you’ll see <div id="pbk-mega-wrap" /> at the very top of that file. If it is, then move it to immediately below the <body /> tag. That should then at least take your browser out of Quirks mode and have the menu in the right place at least once.

As for why the menu is appearing again, as part of the content of the post, that’s anyone’s guess and you’d need to get someone to have a look at what’s going on there.

How have you added the mega menu to the theme? Is it a plugin? Or something someone has added for you to the template?

29 posts
johnburton says

Ok, I removed the code for the megamenu… from both places… and deactivated that plugin. It still didn’t work though.

I’m wondering if it’s the theme itself that’s causing the issue.

68 posts
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
iamfriendly says

hmm, have you put that shortcode in the HTML entry box? I’m guessing you haven’t as it seems to have converted to curly quotes either side of the ‘href’ element. It should be:

[lightbox href="http://burtonsites.com/images/burtonsitesexample1.jpg"]Open Image[/lightbox]

and not

[lightbox href=”http://burtonsites.com/images/burtonsitesexample1.jpg”]Open Image[/lightbox]

Notice the difference in the quotes.

Give that a go.

by
by
by
by
by
by