68 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Located in Canada Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iamfriendly says

Ah! as always, DTBaker has spotted it (I was about 30 seconds behind him).

Everything does seem to be working apart from the missing CSS file. Either find the file and add it in yourself or go back to the developer with this information and he should be able to do it for you.

5461 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

As Dave said, well spotted the css is indeed missing.

Also format of evolution lightbox, is like so: ( for a href )

<a href="folder/link.html?lightbox[width]=600&lightbox[height]=150" class="lightbox"> </a>
29 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
johnburton says

Ok… is that something that I did? I just installed the plugin… is it missing from the plugin? I’ll contact the developer. I appreciate the help.

632 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

Just upload the css where it’s supposed to go. It’s not that hard.

5461 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Ok… is that something that I did? I just installed the plugin… is it missing from the plugin? I’ll contact the developer. I appreciate the help.

As a web designer, you should be able to view the hierarchy of your lightbox, and check your ftp for correct files paths etc.

Sometimes you just have to get into ftp, and check stuff has uploaded correctly.

Should take you about 30 seconds

68 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Located in Canada Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iamfriendly says

It’s looking for:

http://burtonsites.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-lightbox/js/lightbox/themes/jquery.lightbox.css

So, look in the plugin folder and find the jquery.lightbox.css file and move it to that location, or, better, adjust the script so that it points to the correct location.

Looks like:

http://burtonsites.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-lightbox/js/lightbox/themes/default/jquery.lightbox.css

Is the correct location for it. So, perhaps you haven’t selected a ‘theme’ in the plugin options page or something like that (big guess)

731 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says
Nobody has answered my question… how can I be sure that a plugin will work before I buy it? Surely you understand that… you can’t know if a plugin will have a conflict until you install it, right?

That’s exactly why every plugin goes through a review process. But there is no possible way that you could test a plugin for compatibility issues before purchasing, because that would require that you obtain a copy of the plugin (for free), install it on your server, try it out, and then . . . wait you already have the plugin! Why would you buy it?

So, because of that, we, as authors and as buyers, have to hope that there are not problems with compatibility. And in the case that there are, we have to hope that the developer is helpful in solving the problem. If the developer is unable to solve the problem, as has been the problem here, buyers can turn to the community, just as you have done here. The fact that there are now 4 pages of comments left on your post is a testament to just how amazing this community / marketplace are.

Each person that has responded here has done so without any benefit to them, except the satisfaction of helping someone out.

Now that’s what I call good support.

29 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
johnburton says

Ok, it is working… thanks to all who helped. I really do appreciate it.

I have to admit that I’m still quite nervous about buying from Envato… if you all weren’t willing to help (who knows, maybe you all were busy doing other things, or not in the mood some day…) then I’d be out money with no recourse at all.

I guess I’m just aware of the fairly high percentage of plugins that don’t work in a real world scenario due to compatibility issues.

What works for many many not work for all… and what are those people to do with their plugin? The more complex frameworks become, the greater the chance for conflict there will be.

Also, I think it’s sad to presume that people are immoral… that they are thieves. I’m sure the percentage of people who would steal a plugin is pretty low… the rest of us shouldn’t have to suffer.

There must be a shareware model… is there not? Every piece of software I’ve ever purchased… with no exceptions that I can think of… are try before you buy. If, after 30 days, you don’t want it, you uninstall it and are not required to purchase it. Why is such a system not implemented here? There has to be some room for conversation on this.

Thanks again to everybody.

5461 posts
+4 more
Australia says

Thats some quite weird statements there mate.

< enough said. Can’t be arsed anymore

29 posts
johnburton says

What’s weird? The issue of compatibility? Not sure what you mean.

by
by
by
by
by
by