Hello, i’ve got a question about licenses, i’ve been searching but couldn’t find an answer. My question is; Can i use a theme for multiple users on the same domain? I’m making a blogging system. Users can choose one of the themes and uses it. For example johndoe’s blog is www.example.com/johndoe and janedoe’s blog is www.example.com/janedoe and a third user juniordoe’s page is www.example.com/juniordoe They all can pick a theme from “themes” section so johndoe’s and juniordoe’s theme can be same. Am i allowed to do this? Do i need extended license or just regular?
- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Community Ambassador
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Each different user would be considered a different project, so you would need a new license for each.
Please see – http://themeforest.net/licenses/extended
This license is a “single application” license and not a “multi-use” license, which means that you can’t use the Item to create more than one unique End Product.
- Author was Featured
- Beta Tester
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- United States
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
For WPMU you’ll probably need an extended license
Thanks for your answers. Imho a new license type would be good for this kind of applications. It’s not quite possible to buy another license for each user because i can’t know which user will choose theme.