I’m about to buy one or two of your themes for different sites I have. For one site, I have two Wordpress instances installed in the same hosting space. One is my prod site and one for testing modules, skins, shopping carts etc before they go into prod. If I buy a regular license skin can I just use it across both these prod and test sites or do I need to buy two licenses?
The license terms (http://themeforest.net/wiki/support/legal-terms/licensing-terms/) don’t specify any rules about using a theme on a testing site. I assume it would be fine as the testing site (I guess it’s a subdomain?) wouldn’t be available to the public.
In my experience with many commercial software scripts (vBulletin, IPB ) it’s fine to have an installation for testing purposes as long as it’s password protected and hidden from the public. Probably best to wait for an official word though.
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Community Moderator
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Referred more than 2000 users
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations